What species huntsman victoria aus

Tigerfan1719

Arachnopeon
20191219_142312.jpg 20191230_015102.jpg Caught this huntsman 2 weeks ago its eaten a couple of moths and molted last night can anyone tell me what species it might be melbourne australia

Attachments

Last edited:

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Isopedella victorialis, looks pretty similar to H. murrayensis but is a lot smaller and murrayensis don’t have that triangle marking on the abdomen. Probably the most common huntsman in Vic

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Isopedella victorialis, looks pretty similar to H. murrayensis but is a lot smaller and murrayensis don’t have that triangle marking on the abdomen. Probably the most common huntsman in Vic
Apparently i didnt scroll down enough in spidentify

Tigerfan1719

Arachnopeon
Yeh the photos look very similar one thing ive noticed when i put roaches in there it wont eat them but a moth dosnt last 2 minutes in there

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Land for just one second and you're toast!
Hahah ive got a vid on youtube of it attacking a moth
Coincidentally... Last night getting in bed, going to turn the bedside light off and something scampered on the night table. About a 3" LS huntsman comes running out and parks on the front of the table. Oh great. A number of thoughts raced through Phineas's ruined brain... Catch him. Right. I'm half awake, it's got all the running room in the world and that is the stuff best considered wide awake after a couple of cups in the AM and I'm bored. Might end up doing some serious furniture moving. Forget that noise. Plan B? Plan B the expert spider snatcher has finally fallen asleep and has a juicy cold. Plan C? Ignore it and go to sleep hoping it doesn't do something stupid and get squished in the middle of the night. Plan C will involve quarantining the bedroom from the cats come the morrow. And likely involve little Ms. Juicy sneezy and furniture moving... heck with it. Get squished. I'll deal with it in the morning.
It? Them. One half it's size is on the wall. I see another scamper into the closet a couple of minutes later. Finally getting the brain hotel engaged I decided on the wisest course of action and went and typed this. Nuts. Better warn Sneezy off from letting the cats in.

Three, possibly more, AA fuel altered eight legged dragsters - Cat A, catatonic - no problem, Cat B, neurotic max with a meow a cross between an air raid siren and a chain saw who is highly spider intolerant and Cat C, think Bob Goldthwait/Emo Phillips cross. Definitely like living in a comedy routine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veles

Arachnobaron
Huntsmen are not very hard to care for, just provide them with a lot of space and be careful that they do not dart out while you are feeding them.

Tigerfan1719

Arachnopeon
Huntsmen are not very hard to care for, just provide them with a lot of space and be careful that they do not dart out while you are feeding them.
Thanks ive had the female for a few months now she had her second molt last night when i woke up the male was ontop of her at first i thought he was eating her but he wasnt then i saw the fresh molt on the ground wondering if ge was planning on eating her or what maybe he was protecting her while she was in a weak state surley they dont mate right after molt