what species can be kept with Pandinus Imperator

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what species are known to be able to live within the same tank as an emperor with little problems?

are there "harmless"(to the emperor at least) arboreal species that i could keep in an emperor tank that could survive by hiding in trees ect?

at the moment i have 9 emperors in the same tank with no problems and 2 flat rock scorpions in a different tank.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I posted a thread a while back when I first put P. cavimanus in the same enclosure with some P. imperator. The cavimanus were there first, 2 males. I now have 2 cavimanus and 3 emps in the same tank. Look up my thread if you want to know how long they've been in there together, but I haven't even seen any wounds or evidence of serious conflict. There was an emp casualty, a juvenile male taken down my a large female emp.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In the pet stores you'll see P imperators, P cavimanus & Heterometrus ssp all in the same tank with each other, usual due to ignorance on the shop keepers part. I've read of people keeping Heterometrus ssp with the Pandinus imperators w/o problem. Me personally I separate the ssp to tanks of their own.

Just remember that all scorpions have a chance to go cannibalistic on their tank mates, even those of the same 'kind'. {D {D {D

As far as putting any living non scorpion creature in the tank with them such as arboreal animals thinking they'll inhabits or spends large amounts of time in the trees (you have trees in your tank I'd like to know how big of a tank you have) just remember any thing that a scorpion can catch is food for them.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jason I told you he would be eaten! It was a small wonder he was such an angry little guy.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
get the scorpion found on the highest part of the earth, and the one on the lowest part of the earth...

or maybe some P. imperator and some Liocheles australasiae, but make sure that there is a big tall tree inside your tank. :D

i bet its kinda hard... keeping the same specie still have a risk of cannibalism, so what if there are 2 different species?:(

good luck!
:)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i like a certain quote that darrel of golden phoenix once told me about mixing scorp species.

"Sure it'll work... until it doesn't."

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might be able to get by with mixing some Pandinus and Heterometrus species, but I would expect some cannibalism.
If you have some cheap and common specimens you wouldn't miss, the worst that could happen is you try it and someone gets eaten.