What sp is tis T ?

pok2010

Arachnopeon
hey guys n girls ;P

could you help me ID this T, i got it as a Phormictopus cancerides ;P but to me it looks nothing like one ;P

dont worry guys, its not on that sub anymore :p hate the bludie stuff lol

cheers guys :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can't say for sure, ID'ing a T from even a perfect pic can be tricky (depending on the species) and that pic is a little blurry and not the best angle but... It does look similar to a P. cancerides to me. They change color within their molt cycle more than most T's. Sometimes they're fairly dull brown but when freshly molted they can look pretty purplish.

Yours has the basic body shape and coloration but I'm not sure I can see an urtication patch on the abdomen, which would it an OW species. It also has about the right color. To sum up... (shrugs) maybe. Post better pics. It could aso be one of those brownish asian terrestrials the genera of whom escapes me at the moment.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Whelp... that looks a lot less like a cancerides than the other pic did. I'm not sure what you have there. She's pretty though.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Whelp... that looks a lot less like a cancerides than the other pic did. I'm not sure what you have there. She's pretty though.
lol i no, im not sure what she is either lol but she is a stunner, the pics are doing no justice for her what so ever ;P

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looks like it's in pre-molt, maybe it'll look a little more like cancerides afterwards;)