what size is the biggest Tblondi?

salsalover

Arachnopeon
lol if you have one that's huge feel free to post it but if you just wanna tell me the size thats cool too.

salsalover

Arachnopeon
you know im kind of disappointed they used to have pics of massive one's on here i mean one guy had a pic of his T blondi on a cereal box it was so huge it covered the entire thing

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You know, blondi's DO get huge, but they do NOT get 12". If anyone has proof, put a ruler next to it. I would like to see a 12" tarantula. But, the biggest, that I have ever seen, in person, was 11". Literally, JUST at the mark.

But that was a very old female. She is now dead. No pictures :eek:

salsalover

Arachnopeon
"I'm sure there around some where, do you own a Blondi salsa? "

no but i wish i did they look adorabllllleeeeeeeeeeeee

"You know, blondi's DO get huge, but they do NOT get 12". If anyone has proof, put a ruler next to it. I would like to see a 12" tarantula. But, the biggest, that I have ever seen, in person, was 11". Literally, JUST at the mark.

But that was a very old female. She is now dead. No pictures"

yeah im sure my perception fooled me once again because i remember thinking "OMG REALLY?! THATS <edit> AWESOME" it was like..like a gallery of awesome pics....now i cant seemt o find it anywhere!!! D:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"I'm sure there around some where, do you own a Blondi salsa? "

no but i wish i did they look adorabllllleeeeeeeeeeeee

"You know, blondi's DO get huge, but they do NOT get 12". If anyone has proof, put a ruler next to it. I would like to see a 12" tarantula. But, the biggest, that I have ever seen, in person, was 11". Literally, JUST at the mark.

But that was a very old female. She is now dead. No pictures"

yeah im sure my perception fooled me once again because i remember thinking "OMG REALLY?! THATS <edit> AWESOME" it was like..like a gallery of awesome pics....now i cant seemt o find it anywhere!!! D:
Just a heads up, to quote, you click on "Quote" under the persons post, and you can reply. If you quote someone else again, both reply's go into the same post.. Confusing? Hope not {D

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i've always wanted a T. Blondi my boyfriend would have a fit though he's already annoyed by the concept that my L parahybana's will eventually get bigger than my smithi

Bowser

Arachnopeon
I had a near 10'' blondi a couple of years ago. She was my prized tarantula, unfortunately I was an idiot and traded her along with the rest of my T's for some big pythons. Now I'm starting all over. I miss her. :(

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe Fran has a rather large T.blondi, he posted a picture of her not too long ago on the forum. It sort of looked like a Tarantulasaurus Rex.

i've always wanted a T. Blondi my boyfriend would have a fit though he's already annoyed by the concept that my L parahybana's will eventually get bigger than my smithi
Yeah, I want to get into Theraphosa as well. But I am waiting for the new reclassification so I actually know what species I am going to aquire. I have 3 Lasiodora species (klugi,difficilis,parahybana) but would love to have a true T.blondi. Soon I hope. :)

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I want to get into Theraphosa as well. But I am waiting for the new reclassification so I actually know what species I am going to aquire. I have 3 Lasiodora species (klugi,difficilis,parahybana) but would love to have a true T.blondi. Soon I hope. :)
yeah i'm like someone call me when you sort that out i will eventually convince my boyfriend to let me get my own tarantulasaurus rex but until then i'll enjoy my parahybana's

mingu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My biggest T currently is a 9 inch theraphosa stirmi. Not the biggest theraphosa, but still pretty big.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I belive the biggest Theraphosa blondi they have found in the wild was 28cm. Could also be a T. stirmi, who knows:confused: those two species have been mistaken so many times before

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
My biggest T currently is a 9 inch theraphosa stirmi. Not the biggest theraphosa, but still pretty big.
Thats a lovely Theraphosa. Looks JUST like my 9" girl. Now...

You need to add more substrate to that cage.. Actually you cant because its front loading. A new enclosure is needed to make it safe. You wouldnt want your Theraphosa to climb, fall and injure its legs or abdomen. Theraphosa do not do do well with a leak. Hemolymph(blood) doesn't clot. I also assume there is a mesh screen in this cage. If the substrate is too low she could get cought. If she couldnt touch the ground she would be hanging and most likely drop a leg.

mingu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats a lovely Theraphosa. Looks JUST like my 9" girl. Now...

You need to add more substrate to that cage.. Actually you cant because its front loading. A new enclosure is needed to make it safe. You wouldnt want your Theraphosa to climb, fall and injure its legs or abdomen. Theraphosa do not do do well with a leak. Hemolymph(blood) doesn't clot. I also assume there is a mesh screen in this cage. If the substrate is too low she could get cought. If she couldnt touch the ground she would be hanging and most likely drop a leg.
I'am beware of that, but thanks for the info.
I have 2 exo terra cages housed with theraphosa stirmi for almost 2 years now. The haven't climed once in my care. The just sit in front of there burrow every night, waiting for food.

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The largest Theraphosa blondi ever propperly documented, seems to be a female caught in Venezuela, I believe in 1972 , with a little over 12" leg span.(30. something centimeters).

The rest are not propperly "official" meassurments. Althought I wouldlike to sort of submit one myself :)

On a side note, I remmember many years ago(I was a kid ) once on a Tv documentary in Spain my brother and I saw the supossed pictures of that capture, and it was on a tree trunk.
The guy was sort of pinch grabbing her with some long tongues and it was ABSOLUTELY enormous.
We both jaw dropped for a couple of minutes after that XD.

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'am beware of that, but thanks for the info.
I have 2 exo terra cages housed with theraphosa stirmi for 2 years now. The haven't climed once in my care. The just sit in front of there burrow every night, waiting for food.
They may be settled in now but if you were to clean the cage and rehouse them they may roam the enclosure while getting used to the territory. I personaly wouldnt risk it. You cant watch them 24/7. Those cages would be great for an arboreal btw. Lots of waisted space and unsafe IMO.

Heres my addition to the thread. :D
9" female Theraphosa burgundy "Big Bertha"

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bah.. mine has been hiding in her blocked den for 2months, and no way near molt.