What should I use?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Last night I got to see my female Usambara for the first time in over a month. She has been webbed in with her eggsac for all that time and just yesterday came out toget some water.
I am assuming by this that the spiderlings are close to emerging and I want to put something over the screen in case they attempt to disburse while I'm at work.
What should I use? Would cheesecloth work, or should I get some type of netting?
Any help would be appreciated!
Ralph

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can also use fiberglass screening. They sell it in rolls at most harware stores.
Mike

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
cool Ralph! I've now got another eggsac as well. IME, once you see them on the webbing, you've got a few days, but to be safe, get it covered BEFORE they molt into 2nd instar. The eggs with legs are slow and clumsy, but once they molt...they are like lightening!
Take some pics for us!
Holley

EDIT:
in fact...I just noticed that my slings from eggsac 1 just molted AGAIN!!! They are now probably 3/4" or so....that was FAST.
At this rate, they'll be adults by next month ;)

Last edited:

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
success

I have been reading alot of posts and its great to see ppl having so much success with breeding and eggs. Havent heard of alot of males meeting their demise during the process as well. All postive and some folks are even talking co-habitation for even a matter of months! Successfull breeding projects are always a great thing for the hobby and if your feeling froggy and when the slings are ready dont be afraid to use the classified section here :)

best of luck always :D

looseyfur that silly bastard.

E.