What should I put in my 10 gal?

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
I've got a vertical 12x12x18 (roughly 10 gal) that's been empty for awhile. Does anyone have ideas/suggestions for what I could keep in it? :^)
Creepy crawlies on the beginner-intermediate side preferred.
Thank you!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I've got a vertical 12x12x18 (roughly 10 gal) that's been empty for awhile. Does anyone have ideas/suggestions for what I could keep in it? :^)
Creepy crawlies on the beginner-intermediate side preferred.
Thank you!
Does it open from the front, the top, or both? Is it solid glass, or is it acrylic that can be modified?

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
I would look at avics or Psalmos but if you're interested in keeping other creatures check out mourning geckos

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
Does it open from the front, the top, or both? Is it solid glass, or is it acrylic that can be modified?
Its got mesh on the top which I believe it can be opened from, and it opens from the front with a glass door, the rest of the tank is glass too.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Its got mesh on the top which I believe it can be opened from, and it opens from the front with a glass door, the rest of the tank is glass too.
I'd go with something like Psalmopoeus irminia, pulcher or cambrigei, then. They're "intermediate" arboreals that in my experience aren't quite as picky about ventilation as Avicularia/Caribena species. If you are interested in a tarantula for it, that is. If not, maybe some kind of mantid would be a good fit? Not sure...

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
I'd go with something like Psalmopoeus irminia, pulcher or cambrigei, then. They're "intermediate" arboreals that in my experience aren't quite as picky about ventilation as Avicularia/Caribena species. If you are interested in a tarantula for it, that is. If not, maybe some kind of mantid would be a good fit? Not sure...
Thank you! I'll definitely look into those! I think I'm particularly interested in the irminia or pulcher.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you! I'll definitely look into those! I think I'm particularly interested in the irminia or pulcher.
Any of the Psalmopoeus species would work. Those 3 I listed are usually readily available and not super expensive, but there are some others that you might check out, too - P. victori, P. ecclesiasticus, P. langenbucheri, P. rufus, or P. emeraldus are all less common and generally pricier, but are very cool, too!