What should i get next?

Ptucker1

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone im loving scorps so so so very much and it's almost my b-day and i would like some advice of what scorp i should get next. I was really looking into a H. arizonensis or H. spadix. But i cant find anyone or anywhere that is selling one. But if anyone wants to give some suggestions im all ears.

Thanks,
Preston

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What all do you have?

Some people say the flatrocks are boring, but I think they're little cuties.

If you've already got a few species under your belt, then I'd say Babycurus jacksoni! Those have to be my favorite scorp (as of yet -- I've never seen T. paraensis in person ;)).

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just recently purchased a B. jacksoni too I like them but i still gotta say my L'q are my favorite. I also just got a P.leiosoma. awesome scorp very huge. BTW how big do jacksonis get?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome how many instars 'till they reach maturity. I got mine at 4I

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think 6-7 on the jacksoni..but what do I know .. I only breed them :(

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks. Tabor I know your pretty experiance with this species.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No problem.. I have so many I always lose count on molts I try to keep up with!

Also, at OP...What scorp's do you have currently?

I know abyss tends to really really like the L.Q. and seeing as how you are fairly new and still learning the trick of the trade might I recommend a bark scorpion like Centruroids hentzi?

I think they are very under rated, and a member on here Redknee_freak know's everything there is to know about hentzi.. in fact me and him went hunting for them last night !

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For your infofarmation I wasn't going to recomend an LQ this time:liar:. No but seriously bark scorpions are pretty awesome if your tired of the tropical scorps (p.imps het.sp). Don't have much experiance with H.spandix but I've heard there also pertty great. As for me I love my hot species but I wouldn't recomend any of those without some experiance. I got a few M. martensii. Theyre a pretty great species like to climb like to burrow but spend most of their time in vertical surfaces. there a 3 out of 5 in the toxity scale so it's a little bit stronger but not that bad. Just dont make the same mistake and put in a hollow tree like I did. Now i only see a few a day when they come out at night.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
2nd vote here for flat rocks :D

Yes, they are rather boring but they look awesome (not that you'll see them a lot hehe)

B. jacksoni are cool too. What about Vaejovis spinigerus? Communal and fairly common.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was really looking into a H. arizonensis or H. spadix. But i cant find anyone or anywhere that is selling one. But if anyone wants to give some suggestions im all ears.
I think Reptist has some really nice H.arizonensis, 4"+ for $28. ~ Rex

SlovenlyFive

Arachnopeon
I second both H. paucidens and B. jacksoni. both are visually pleasing and pretty easy to care for. T. paraensis would be great if you could find them!

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ill pipe up with my limited experience and say B jacksoni. I love my little dude. Hes ferocious when he kills crickets, and it love watching him hang upside down in his hide to attack them from above. Awesome colors on them too!