what should i do?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
what should i do?someone please help me

i jus started getting into spiders ive had october which i thought was a female and tonite jus found out its a male not a female well my chillian rose is now i think a full grown male he is climbing up his walls obsessivly and getting his feet caught in the screen i dont know what to do or how long my spider will survive ? someone please help me out, thanks :(

Last edited:

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Like this

Hi

This happened to me exactly with my big 6 - 7 inch Chaco.

If stuck in the ceiling screen take it off and turn it around and let the T walk off slowly.
If the distance between your substrate and top-screen is over 3-5 inches and the T is big, DON'T let it fall.
Normally the substrate level should be so high up for big T so thumb-rule is that the T can reach with it's leg to the substrate if touching the ceiling.
It seemed to be easier for the T to walk when I turned the screen around.

Then, an another solution is also to measure the top of the tank and buy/order a peice of fiberglass/plastic from a local let's say glass/auto-glass repair shop.
Drill holes in it for air and put it on the tank instead and the getting stuck/climbing problem will be "history".:)

Last edited:

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think that is a sign that he is looking for a mate. If he's a mature male, that's probably what he's doing. Right guys?