What should I do

OkBruh

Arachnopeon
I've had my T albo for about six months but recently it has started seeming pretty stressed. It has been climbing on the walls and sometimes even trying to bite its way out of the enclosure. I don't know what's stressing it out if anything.

rock

Arachnoknight
Can you take a pic of the enclosure and give us an idea of how you care for it ( when do you feed/water, temps, where is the enclosure, etc..)

OkBruh

Arachnopeon
I feed it a mealworm or two once a week and overflow the water dish every 2 weeks

Why do you think that?

Normal, and also natural.

You’re most likely overthinking this.
I've heard that when terrestrial t's climb on walls that usually means they're stessed but yeah im probably overthinking it.

rock

Arachnoknight
I agree with BoyFromLA, it looks fine.Maybe toss it an extra meal

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I've heard that when terrestrial t's climb on walls that usually means they're stessed
First time hearing this honestly.

When your tarantula is climbing walls, it means it wants to climb walls.

I do not think there is any mystery / riddle / myth / rumor / conspiracy behind it.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Has the screen in that enclosure been replaced with plexiglass? If not it could get it's toe claws stuck and fall.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Has the screen in that enclosure been replaced with plexiglass? If not it could get it's toe claws stuck and fall.
Or just hang there :rolleyes:

You could have a MM. From one pic and description, sure reminds me of one, but that’s just one pic.

Climbing walls- every convict is looking to escape

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First up, that's a front opening enclosure, generally not suitable for a terrestrial. You would be doing the spider a favour by placing it in an enclosure that has more floor space and much less height. Something like a plastic shoe box enclosure to start off. They climb and can fall, a fall from the height I see would be considered dangerous. But don't throw away that enclosure, use it for an Arboreal such as a Pinktoe (A. avicularia).

You're feeding it way, way too often. Every two weeks would be ideal. One or two crickets or a meal/super worm. No more than that. Also, no need to keep overflowing the water dish. Despite hailing from a tropical country (Costa Rica, Honduras or Nicaragua), they are hardy spiders than can acclimate to a dry setup. To be truthful, your spider knows best.

The best way to tell its moisture preference would be to moisten a corner of the substrate and observe how he/she reacts. If he/she hugs the moist spot, then yes, he/she may actually prefer some extra moisture. If not, you can let things dry out.

And then... there's the possibility that your albo could be a mature male, but it's hard to tell with that picture. We'd need a good look at its pedipalps and front legs stretched out. That would explain some of the constant roaming. He wants to meet a female and mate, if that's the case.

Provide us more pictures and we can steer you in a more precise direction.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Too much height in between substarate and lid. You want no more than 1.5x DLS from sub to lid.

sasker

Arachnoprince
And what kind of substrate are you using anyway? :confused:

I think there is a lot of room for improvement in how you keep this tarantula.

For one, try to reopen the burrow that has collapsed. I don't know if your tarantula was using it at all, but it seems it covered the entrance and it does not serve a purpose now.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That enclosure is meant for arboreals, not terrestrial. You would need more substrate to make it safe and you can't because it's got a front closing lid. What I would be worried about, is it falling and injuring itself. Do you spritz the enclosure? If you do, stop, because it's climbing to get away from the moisture.