What should I do

Danielmart127

Arachnopeon
How do I keep my pink toe tarantula warm? Because I'm not allowed to have him inside, my family is scared of any kind of spiders and would putting a blanket over the enclosure help him stay a little bit warm and let him have a little bit of air so he could breathe… this is my first tarantula that I owned and I read everything about him and I just don't want him to die but if yall can help I would really appreciate it

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Pink toes (Avicularia species) need at least 70 degrees average to survive long term. Where do you live? If its outside in the cold please find someone willing to house it in a warm environment. They actually like 70-80 to be comfortable. A blanket will not keep it alive they do not create body heat that can be held in by a blanket.

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, tarantulas are ectotherms and do not produce their own heat. A blanket serves to insulate and maintain heat produced by what's inside, but it doesn't do anything for something that can't produce its own body heat. If you're not allowed to keep it inside where you have a way to heat its enclosure, you're unfortunately probably out of luck and should find a new home for it.

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Yeah if you keep it outside for a extended period of time I'm sorry to say it's probably going to die sooner rather than later. Can you sneak it in lol?

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
That poor tarantula is almost certain to die if you keep it outside. If you have no way of giving it a proper setup with the right tempature at all times, please get rid of it for the sake of the animal. I realize how fun keeping tarantulas can be and seeing how its your first T you'll likely be very reluctant to get rid of it, but there is nothing fun about watching your pet die, and that's whats gonna happen if you keep it outside. If you really care about it, you'll find it a new home or find a way to convince your parents to let you properly care for your new pet. You could always get a new pet tarantula when you are older and can provide for it..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
so you bought a tarantula and are not allowed to keep it inside? sell it. no reason to let it die. Avicularia especially are quite picky about their environment. they need high ventilation. your location on google maps says the temp right now is 60? much too cold for more than a few hours. especially for Avics.

Danielmart127

Arachnopeon
I know and thank yall for telling me what to do because I have food and all of that but just not a heater but im trying to get. I have money but right now im telling a few of my friends if they could take him in because he's so friendly and gently… I just don't want him to die because I love this little guy so much I really do and I want him to be happy and safe in an environment that he is comfortable in

Danielmart127

Arachnopeon
Oh and if I am able to keep my tarantula inside, as long as it's warm then ill be fine? Because I have like a small heater somewhere but idk where it's at but ima try to find it ASAP.. Inside my house it's warm inside but outside its been getting cold

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Ensure your parents that the species is completely harmless. It's bite is comparable to a bee sting if even that. If you can't keep it inside then give it to someone that can.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not sure if troll...
If you have 'read all about him' you would have known you can't keep it outside!
Get it inside and find that heater ASAP.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Oh and if I am able to keep my tarantula inside, as long as it's warm then ill be fine? Because I have like a small heater somewhere but idk where it's at but ima try to find it ASAP.. Inside my house it's warm inside but outside its been getting cold
not to be rude, but i cant recall seeing a first time tarantula keeper set up a avic right. post a pic of the cage when you get a chance. so we can see if any major changes should be made.