Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Grammostola pulchra

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The G pulchra sat #1 on my want list til I got one. The GBB is a close 2nd. Nothing like that velvet jet black looking good natured tarantula.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
G. pulchra if it were my money. I had a male that I raised from a sling, loved the experience, and sent him off to breed when he matured. Still looking for slings so I can get another pulchra ASAP.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Just got the GBB today! Was expecting to find a Grammostola pulchra at the show but nobody had them.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Congrats, but...you know you have to post a photo of your new T here. ;) :happy:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
G. pulchra if it were my money. I had a male that I raised from a sling, loved the experience, and sent him off to breed when he matured. Still looking for slings so I can get another pulchra ASAP.

http://www.arachnophiliacs.com/tar.html has G. pulchra slings over 1" and a sexed female as well. They start @ $75 for 1.5" and $85 for 2". I didn't look at reviews on them though and have never purchased from them so I can't say what their business is like, so if you're interested I would look that up before making the plunge.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
The picture could be found on my Instagram @plantbasedjimbone. And @miss moxie, I asked that company if I could buy one and they said they would have sexed ones soon.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
The picture could be found on my Instagram @plantbasedjimbone. And @miss moxie, I asked that company if I could buy one and they said they would have sexed ones soon.
Neato burrito! As long as they don't price gouge the females. I know they're not the easiest to come by but some people really jack up prices to take advantage. I've got a female pulchra and I adore her. She's beautiful and fun to watch. A must have for any collection in my opinion!

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
They quoted me $175 for a small female not including shipping. An other thing, how long does it take a green bottle blue tarantula to reach adulthood?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well their suggestions are all relatively docile tarantulas so I'm not sure OP is looking to get slapped around by a psalmo!
I think ratmosphere has kept his fair share. Psalmopoeus cambrigei are pretty nice from what I've personally seen.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I think ratmosphere has kept his fair share. Psalmopoeus cambrigei are pretty nice from what I've personally seen.
Ah, I just had a pulcher and she was very mean to me. She called me a gutterpunk then punched me in the face, then punched me a second time for flinching.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ah, I just had a pulcher and she was very mean to me. She called me a gutterpunk then punched me in the face, then punched me a second time for flinching.
I've heard cambrigei are kinder. They only punch if the crickets are too small.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I've heard cambrigei are kinder. They only punch if the crickets are too small.
I've heard that too recently which is ironic because I got pulcher as my first psalmo because I heard they were less defensive than the rest.

You live and you learn. I def don't regret the pulcher. I had no issues with her though she was constantly threat-posing and slapping the side of the enclosure. She was a beauty.