What scorpion is this?

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
I got it out of a sticky trap from work and the only oily thing we had available was blade cleaner so uhm it's probably going to die but I just want to know what it is?

20200716_140948.jpg

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
thank you!
i told my coworker if it survives the rest of the day i'll take it home and so now it looks like i've got a new pet haha
It does look like a Centruroides vittatus with a bit of polish... I hope it survives !!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Yes, that's a female Centruroides vittatus. It must be the camera flash or something because it looks ridiculously glossy but it is a C. vittatus.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I agree with the other posters on here, looks like a centruroides (striped bark scorpion). Looks like you managed to rescue her just in time... she would've died a horrible death otherwise. She looks like she might recover from her ordeal... give her some vertical bark she can nestle herself on and water she can drink (from a bottle cap etc). Being stuck on that trap may have dehydrated her.

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
I agree with the other posters on here, looks like a centruroides (striped bark scorpion). Looks like you managed to rescue her just in time... she would've died a horrible death otherwise. She looks like she might recover from her ordeal... give her some vertical bark she can nestle herself on and water she can drink (from a bottle cap etc). Being stuck on that trap may have dehydrated her.
yeah this is actually the second one i found in the sticky trap at work, unfortunately it passed away when i tried to save it :/ but now it's in a jar of formalin on the desk. i put her in a cup with like the paper towel kinda mesh on it and she's just on that right now so hopefully she survives!

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
Just wanted to let yall know she's doing great eating and drinking normally. Super happy she wasn't injured!! Does anyone know how long they typically live?

mellow

Arachnobaron
Just wanted to let yall know she's doing great eating and drinking normally. Super happy she wasn't injured!! Does anyone know how long they typically live?
I am glad to hear that! I heard that they live about 6 to 8 years, but I have also heard that some can live up to about 20 years or so. 😃

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
I am glad to hear that! I heard that they live about 6 to 8 years, but I have also heard that some can live up to about 20 years or so. 😃
wow that's amazing, I hope she lives that long that would be great!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
That's so nice to hear she survived that horrible ordeal!

The normal life span for this species is around 6-8 years, possibly longer in captivity. Some species can live for a very long time, Hadrurus Arizonensis (giant desert hairy scorpion, native to the USA) can live up to 25 years

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Catch some more and raise them communally. Just catch them via flipping rocks black lighting etc and not in traps🙂

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
Catch some more and raise them communally. Just catch them via flipping rocks black lighting etc and not in traps🙂
I actually did find a male in a trap the other day which i also saved, unfortunately these are traps at my work though I could probably get away with throwing them away since the bug guy seems to have forgotten he put them there.