What scorpion has the fattest tail ever?

achuchis

Arachnopeon
Im trying to find a scorpion which has a thick/fat tail. i've seen one on the discovery channel but did'nt notice the name.. please help.. and if possible, please include a link to the image.. thank you guys...

achuchis

Arachnopeon
Uhm I think it's not the one im looking for.. but thank you Sinistersoljer.. the one i saw was black and has this really fat tail.. the tail looks like a set of marbles glued together.. ^_^

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Uhm I think it's not the one im looking for.. but thank you Sinistersoljer.. the one i saw was black and has this really fat tail.. the tail looks like a set of marbles glued together.. ^_^
A bicolor???? I don't keep or know Androctonus. Androctonus is however the most likely genus.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Orthochirus genus does have a huge tail, at least when compared to there small body. But it's not dangerous for the discovery channel.

John
Yes I was also going to suggest Orthochirus sp.

They have a thick tail relative to their body size.

Or maybe even Parabuthus Transvaliicus

But that one is more purple then jet black.

achuchis

Arachnopeon
wow Aztek.. i really like your Androctonus Mauritanicus... how long is it? i think i'll buy this first.. lol.. thanks a lot Sir.... By the way what is the name of the scorp that H. Laoticus posted? gonna get that one too LOL...

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
biggest one i've ever seen was what aztek suggested: androctonus australis (male). absolutely massive.

Sarcastro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if the one you seen was all black than I would have to agree with Aztek and say A.bicolor,But GiX is correct A.australis Tunisia has the fattest tail

Last edited:

jakzilla

Arachnopeon
If it was jet black I'd have to say it was most likely Androctonus mauritanicus.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it was black then it was probably an Androctonus Bicolor.

This is mine.
sorry not really related to the topic now but r u sure it's bicolor?
it doesn't look like 'real' bicolor. i'd say crassicauda. and definitely immature one.
i cant be 100% right for sure though.

but nice scorpions btw.;)

and yeah the fattest tail should be a.australis tunisia .i've never seen one in person but i do remember i've seen "Quiz"(now he seems like out of this hobby though..) has compared both mauritanicus and australis tunisia.
australis tunisia WON.

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey that's my O.Innesi LOL!

sorry not really related to the topic now but r u sure it's bicolor?
it doesn't look like 'real' bicolor. i'd say crassicauda. and definitely immature one.
i cant be 100% right for sure though.

but nice scorpions btw.;)

and yeah the fattest tail should be a.australis tunisia .i've never seen one in person but i do remember i've seen "Quiz"(now he seems like out of this hobby though..) has compared both mauritanicus and australis tunisia.
australis tunisia WON.
I thought it's strange when i look at the metasoma because it lack of characteristic of a A.Bicolor :p
I agreed with u, it looks like a Crassicauda instead ;)

And, Androctonus Australis Tunisia have the thickest tail

Picture from puhito

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow Aztek.. i really like your Androctonus Mauritanicus... how long is it? i think i'll buy this first.. lol.. thanks a lot Sir.... By the way what is the name of the scorp that H. Laoticus posted? gonna get that one too LOL...
Just be careful the androctonus genus is hot, as in medically significant.

jakzilla

Arachnopeon
And, Androctonus Australis Tunisia have the thickest tail

Picture from puhito
That specimen is so ridiculously badass I'm not even sure what to do. Awesome. Just awesome. Androctonus is by far my favorite genus aesthetically speaking. I have 5 A. mauritanicus on their way to me for a communal set up - i'll post some pics in due course.