What pronoun do you use for unsexed tarantulas?

Which pronoun do you use?

• It

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • He

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • She

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Depends on the T

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Ze

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • He/she

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it, what else would you use?

i use the same word when referring to children that i can't remember the gender of.

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Masculine...don't know why...A lot of times I will use masculine pronouns with the females too <shrug>

Last edited:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Depends on the T. Typically I say she, but the times I do say he my girlfriend says, "It's a She!" because she doesn't wasn't a male. Lol.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alot of times I use he out of habit, however I quickly change to she in hopes that it will be female.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I try to use "s/he" as often as possible because it doesn't sound as cold and impersonal as "it".

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I try to do a gender assignment if possible. If I can make a good guess, then I call the T by what I think it is. Most of the slings are "he" until they are large enough to sex. The ones I feel are female get female names and are called she. I hate saying he/she/it. I don't mind having either gender, I just prefer to call them by something less impersonal (imaracnoidal?)

Marga

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Usually he/she and then go to he or she, but I don't use "it", because I think of "it" as something nonliving.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use she... it is language reason, I am francophone and "spider" is "feminine" in French. Not a proper reason, just the explenation why I tend to use "she" by mistake.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
A lot of times I say he with slings, until I know otherwise. I try to give my T's names that don't commit themselves to a specific gender. That way I can call it by its name. Usually however, I call it by its specie name or nick name. for example, I call my OBT, OBT, and I call my Avic, the Avic. That seems easiest for me at least.

--Dan

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Until it's confirmed that she's a young lady, I address my T as a young gentleman (50/50 is not bad odds ...)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It depends on the name we have given it. If it is a feminine name, it's a she; likewise for the masculine names.

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For me it depends on the T. For some reason I'll see one that "looks" like it would be a female and one that "looks" like a male. Boy have I been surprised when I find out I'm wrong LOL

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It depends on the name we have given it. If it is a feminine name, it's a she; likewise for the masculine names.
When I pick a name for an unsexed T, I will try to use ambiguous names...Lucy can become Lucifer, Lil Boy Blue can become Bluetta, Dick can become Tracy (ha!), etc etc

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I pick a name for an unsexed T, I will try to use ambiguous names...Lucy can become Lucifer, Lil Boy Blue can become Bluetta, Dick can become Tracy (ha!), etc etc
I originally used androgynous names like "Adriane" and "David Bowie", but now I just name them whatever I want. It's not like a spider cares if it's "Bob" and female.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have very few that have conventional names, like Lucy. We have some P. irminia named after Deep Space 9 characters and an Inuyasha character; but I like our names like Twitch, Envy, Solace and Oblivion the best, because there are no inherent sex for them. ;) Then I call them 'she' in hopes of them turning out to be a 'she'.