What pronoun do you use for unsexed tarantulas?

Which pronoun do you use?

• It

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • He

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • She

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Depends on the T

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Ze

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • He/she

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
She, for sheer wishful thinking. :D

It honestly depends on what I name them. I tend to name my Ts after characters from media I like, so I'll usually use the corresponding pronoun until I get a confirmation on the sex. That's resulted in a female spider named Dio and a male spider named Adora, but they're spiders so it's not like they care. They don't understand the concept of gender lol.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
To me, most of them are a she. I think that's because my native language is German (where nouns have a gender) and the words for spider and tarantula are both female. I think that's why my brain is wired this way. There are exceptions though, like my c. versi is named Musgrave and is a he until proven otherwise.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I refer to all mine as "she", I guess I live in hope or as @SonsofArachne mentioned it's "she, for good luck".
But in 2020 how dare I assume anyone's gender.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I have to admit when reading a post where the sling is referred to as they/their, I find that terribly confusing!! I'm like, hang on, are they talking about more than one now?! I know a lot of people use 'they' though, so it's probably just me :)