What owning an O.violacopes looks like...

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Mines not my biggest pet hole, but she's definitely right up there. I usually see her once or twice a month.

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Because of my shelf situation, I can't easily take the enclosure down, so can't look in the top. Of the two big cork barks, the sunken one in the middle, and the premade hole I dug in the back left, I have no idea where she actually is. There's no web or anything.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Mine has actually startled the heck out of me on two occasions because I’m so used to her being reclusive. Once I scanned the substrate, of course not there, and I opened the lid to see her staring back at me upside down, on the lid. The other time I scanned, popped the lid, and started filing her water dish, keeping an eye on the burrow entrance. As I’m pouring the water I catch movement and realize she was chilling right next to the water dish and being splashed by the water I was pouring. Interesting thing about both incidents, she reacted like a NW terrestrial. The typical, “Why the heck don’t you leave me alone, guy?” Then just slowly walked back to her hole.

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
I've actually found all my old world's to be really chilled out and just do the same. Not that it stops me being ready for all hell to break lose every time I deal with them.
Now my LP, she's developing an attitude, and is getting to a size where I'd much prefer her to be calm!

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
It's between my P.metallica and my H.villosella, the P.metallica I see slightly more😆

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t even know if mine is still alive. Hidden all the time. Not eating so I am guessing premolt, won’t come out of the hole haha.

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
I was going to ask where it was but I know better now, but love your enclosure was wondering what to do with the foliage on the right ty for showing me

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mine has actually startled the heck out of me on two occasions because I’m so used to her being reclusive. Once I scanned the substrate, of course not there, and I opened the lid to see her staring back at me upside down, on the lid. The other time I scanned, popped the lid, and started filing her water dish, keeping an eye on the burrow entrance. As I’m pouring the water I catch movement and realize she was chilling right next to the water dish and being splashed by the water I was pouring. Interesting thing about both incidents, she reacted like a NW terrestrial. The typical, “Why the heck don’t you leave me alone, guy?” Then just slowly walked back to her hole.

SO what you are telling is that your eyes need better corrective vision ;)

There's a lot of that hmm how'd it get there/oh it was there stuff as we know. I've been surprised a few times myself.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
SO what you are telling is that your eyes need better corrective vision ;)

There's a lot of that hmm how'd it get there/oh it was there stuff as we know. I've been surprised a few times myself.
Absolutely not! I have eyes like a bat.