what other kinds of worms?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea that sounds like a good idea, I hear they dont smell like other feeders and they dont need water. Those are both plus' in my book.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea that sounds like a good idea, I hear they dont smell like other feeders and they dont need water. Those are both plus' in my book.
Yeah, I heard that as well. I believe they get their moisture from the leaves.

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Piles of mulberry leaves is all they need.
Just throw some kleenex inside to let them play hide-and-seek.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Piles of mulberry leaves is all they need.
Just throw some kleenex inside to let them play hide-and-seek.
Thanks for the tip. Gorgeous smithi btw. Do you use these as a staple diet or just treats?

pancho64

Arachnopeon
i talked to the guy from krazy8s and he said that hornworms are a good meal for Ts. im def gona get some hornworms and silkworms next week

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When I tried them for my beardie, they seemed really sensitive to environmental conditions and most of mine died before I ever got the chance to feed them to my lizard.

The silkworm chow was a joke, it was nasty to prepare and molded rather quickly in the fridge. Fresh mulberry leaves worked better, and there's no shortage of them growing around here.

I would just make sure you can research all you can about them before jumping in and potentially wasting your money. As an occasional treat, they'd be fine...but raising them? I'd rather stick to roaches.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you want to give your T's a varied diet, you could try with roaches are a very good option too, like b dubia.. the worms are ok like Bombix mori, Galeria melonella, Zophobas and Tenebrio molitor.. :D

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are there any dangers of worms like there are with crix? I recently bought superworms and I'm worried about feeding a live one to my 2" sling because I don't want it nibbling on its legs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you are worried about nibblers crush its head. Sounds mean but it does the trick, this will also stop those buggers from hitting the dirt and burrowing to the bottem of the tank.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I usually do that for crix, but that also stops it from wiggling, and my sling isn't interested in it then.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With roaches and worms if you crush the head and drop them right in they are as good as dead, if you don't those things will tunnel to the bottem and the next time you see them there will be a moth. Ugly brown one too.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im planning on ordering some stuff from mulberry farms but i cant find any customer reviews:rolleyes: . If anyones ordered from em let me know.