What NOT to do when your T is molting...

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's brutal. Leaving the tarantula alone during a moult is common sense and proper care technique.
Let alone that its "the worlds largest spider"
what a dolt

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
You have GOT to be kidding me...

I just found this thread, and I must say: That is one of the most appalling videos I have ever seen!!! I didn't even watch all of it... :mad::mad::mad:

Excuse me while I go to Youtube and leave a few nasty comments too, when I find it!

Thank you, Fran-this shows EXACTly why some people should never be allowed to have ANY type of pets.

I own no Tarantulas (yet), but I DO have many Trues... Geez, I still can't believe that... (D* that makes me :mad: ) S.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I give him props though, Instead of Using a house light and emitting heat onto the T he took it outside for the natural lighting. Verry interesting, but the guy is A dumbass.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I give him props though, Instead of Using a house light and emitting heat onto the T he took it outside for the natural lighting. Verry interesting, but the guy is A dumbass.
What are you talking about? House lights do not emmit heat. And i dont believe he took it outside into natural light for heat. I believe this guy is a complete idiot! Why would you ever take your T into sunlight? And why would you put a heat source over your T after it was done molting? Who ever made this video is a careless moron and deserves no props. He deserves to be bitten by a gang of pokies and never own a T again. :evil:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW.. I hadn't checked this thread before. This is the problem with some people "oooo it's doing something! I WANNA HOLD IT!" Such an idiot!

If he has fish, I bet he takes them out of the tank to hold them once in a while. :rolleyes:

:wall: facepalm headdesk :wall:

Edit: One of the comments..
yikes! you never had him defanged???? Did he ever have a "bad" day and just decide to bite you? 15 years is a pretty long relationship without somebody having a bad day (LOL!) I really hate spiders...correction, I'm AFRAID of spiders! Also, I didn't know they lived that long.
There is now a dent in my forehead from facepalming........

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Well this guy was a newb and thought it was dieing. Still not cool. But the other guy was just a You know what.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
ya know watching this video are this well dont feel like getting banned... those are the ones that get bit out of stupidity( i understand some people get bit outtta just t happens but not this kind of person) and those kinda people are the ones who make the hobby dificult to be approved its ridiculus that T was probably going completly crazy but could not get away still tired and not all the way dry per say... just completly fail

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
ya know watching this video are this well dont feel like getting banned... those are the ones that get bit out of stupidity( i understand some people get bit outtta just t happens but not this kind of person) and those kinda people are the ones who make the hobby dificult to be approved its ridiculus that T was probably going completly crazy but could not get away still tired and not all the way dry per say... just completly fail
No offence intended. But i have a hard time reading and understanding your run on sentances. It would help greatly if you put in commas and periods. Thank you - Doug ;P

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
No offence intended. But i have a hard time reading and understanding your run on sentances. It would help greatly if you put in commas and periods. Thank you - Doug ;P
basiccaly saying, its is very annoying to watch idoits and how there making the hobby a difficult thing to keep going, - anthony

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
basiccaly saying, its is very annoying to watch idoits and how there making the hobby a difficult thing to keep going, - anthony
I think understand what you mean. But just because people are stupid doesnt mean the hobby is going to become illegal. Im not sure what you mean by keep going so i am assuming you mean accepted as something that isnt dangerous. :? Or you mean by keeping Ts alive in captivity? :?

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
I think understand what you mean. But just because people are stupid doesnt mean the hobby is going to become illegal. Im not sure what you mean by keep going so i am assuming you mean accepted as something that isnt dangerous. :? Or you mean by keeping Ts alive in captivity? :?
iam saying enough idiots get bit, there going to ruin it for us all

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
iam saying enough idiots get bit, there going to ruin it for us all
I hear ya. Gives the hobby a dangerous look and a undeserving reputation. :barf: Were just the same as people who keep fish.. Or are we harboring sinister evil creatures!!! ;P

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well this guy was a newb and thought it was dieing. Still not cool. But the other guy was just a You know what.
True, at least it wasn't for his amusement, at least that's what he says.. lol

Absolutely nothing. A second after that picture was taken, the spider did what it naturally does and natural selection wins again for the benefit of the human gene pool.
{D:clap: