What NOT to do when your T is molting...

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...Is to take her from the enclosure and make her molt on the lid,for your amusement.

(Next time if you want to make a cool vid of your T molting, just tape it trough the glass of the tank.YOU <edit>. )

[YOUTUBE]OI-Hk98vlS0 [/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man, the comments fail just as much for this video.. I mean, molting is a cool thing to witness but not if handling the spider is taking place during.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh come on Fran! You know dang well that is the thing to do... Dont be so judgemental........... :rolleyes:

No.. In all seriousness... What an IDIOT! Its pathetic when people are willing to endanger their animals life... All for what.. 5-10 minutes of fame..

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And the description says he likes to eat anoles, mice, snakes and other TARANTULAS!:mad: I just don't get whats wrong with some people.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The key word is offensive, like the music in the video. Judge for yourself.;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah...

The guy says he has her for 15 years, which I doubt...
But if is true, some people is really lucky.

Not only hes an idiot for grabing the spider when it started the molt and put it on top of the lid...But he just handled her right after.

Amazing.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Perhaps your statment was lost in translation. Are you saying you like disco AC/DC remix?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Watched the video and left a few choice comments on the video and on his channel. It's just terrible to treat any animal like that - he obviously has no idea how to properly care for his "Goliath spider from Peru" and it's a disgrace. What a moron!!!

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What can you say, the guy is more into video than he is into his tarantula. C'est la vie!

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
See Fran, we can for sure agree on this. I my be new to raising
Code:
Ts, but in the little research I have done, even I know not to mess with them during or after the sensitive molt. Some people can learn and others remain idiots for life. I don't know this guy but I believe he probably falls in the latter category. I may ask stupid questions during the molt, but I had at least done enough research to know I needed to ask.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
See Fran, we can for sure agree on this. I my be new to raising
Code:
Ts, but in the little research I have done, even I know not to mess with them during or after the sensitive molt. Some people can learn and others remain idiots for life. I don't know this guy but I believe he probably falls in the latter category. I may ask stupid questions during the moot, but I has done enough research to know I needed to ask.
Thats one of the main reasons Im absolutey against making specie like Phoneutria available to the public...

not only accidents do happen, but idiots will never stop being idiots.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh. Wow.

Well. Hmm.

People fail.

Atleast the T wasn't injured... yet. Though the way he was manipulating the legs at the end really got to me!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And the description says he likes to eat anoles, mice, snakes and other TARANTULAS!:mad: I just don't get whats wrong with some people.
ok, outside of the fact i personally would love to smack the living crap out of this person, lets take the video for a small look and analyze the video at exactly 2:48...if u look directly under the T while its moving its legs you will clearly see an anole look up at the T. $20 says thats the T's cage that the anole is just chilling in.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Some peoples kids just don't realize that a head has more use than just hangin a hat. I swear it must be something in the water.

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats one of the main reasons Im absolutey against making specie like Phoneutria available to the public...

not only accidents do happen, but idiots will never stop being idiots.
Exactly!! :worship:

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is this a lasio paranhybana? It looks like a juive and deffinitly not 15 yo.

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its hard to believe he's had a T for that long. He should've known not to do such a thing. Poor T.

Some peoples kids just don't realize that a head has more use than just hangin a hat. I swear it must be something in the water.
LMAO!!! {D

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Probably takes it to school in his pocket and let's all the other kids touch it after first grade show and tell is over. He is the kid everyone makes fun of but thinks he is cool. Poor fella.