What normally happens . . .

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
when a MM out for a 50/50 loan gets eaten, and no sac ends up being produced? Purely a curiosity question as I have no breeding T's, but my wife actually asked me yesterday and I don't know the answer. Couldn't find it in a quick search either. Is the loaner just out of luck and oh well, he was going to die soon anyway? Or is there some traditional recompense?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This has been the outcome of most of our breeding loans and generally the owner of the male just takes it as it is. It sucks but at least he got some nookie even though nothing came of it. We did get a couple freebie slings from one person we did a breeding loan with because he felt bad that our male was munched and nothing came of it, but that's not standard practice.

Cass

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I was loaning a MM to someone it would be a bummer but I wouldn't expect anything as far as compensation goes.

Most instances of loan I've seen there is nothing to split unless there is a successful sac. So that is just one of the risks it is sad to not see him get his job done but it happens.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Kind of what I "assumed" was the case. Thanks for the quick answers!

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Happened to me on my only MM loan I've done. A. moderatum. Can't do much about it, so it's a risk you'll have to accept if you loan out your spiders.

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you payed to ship it I think some sort of repayment would be gentlemanly but if the breeder did then maybe not. But I know I would compensate somehow maybe not right away though sort of a gentleman's IOU for something later because chances are I would be breeding other stuff to and I would ship them gratis.

My 2 cents..

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had always thought that there was a type of holding fee... I'm not thinking of the correct term right now - but it would be kinda like an escrow.

So for example I payed 50 bucks for Mr Smithi, my pre-ultimate male B. smithi. (who I hope doesn't mature for a long time yet...)

when he matures I was planning on lending him out for $25. If he dies (and no sack is produced) then I keep the $25. If I get him back alive then I give back the $25. :shrugs:

I could have sworn I have read of deals like this before on here.

- Sharon

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had always thought that there was a type of holding fee... I'm not thinking of the correct term right now - but it would be kinda like an escrow.

So for example I payed 50 bucks for Mr Smithi, my pre-ultimate male B. smithi. (who I hope doesn't mature for a long time yet...)

when he matures I was planning on lending him out for $25. If he dies (and no sack is produced) then I keep the $25. If I get him back alive then I give back the $25. :shrugs:

I could have sworn I have read of deals like this before on here.

- Sharon
I've never heard of that before. As stated, the owner of the male takes a risk when sending the male out. If the male dies and no sac is laid, then its just tough luck. No money changes hands.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had a number of males munched that I have sent out. I think all of them are legit. Hopefully some of the fruits of my labor will yield me some slings. But, I don't count on it.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its just a risk all hobbyists will take to make sure a male doesn't have an unfulfilled life...

sure sometimes it goes bad, sometimes it doesn't.....

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sucks, especially with some of the slower growing species or rarer ones. If I was doing the breeding I would probably give a couple freebies if there is a successful sac in the future.