what next?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I've got a H. maculata, A. Avic, T. blondi, and a G. rosea. what do you think my next T should be I was thinking of a cobalt blue, but are they as blue as they look in pictures or do you have to have the right lighting? I want a good display T it doesn't have to be docile or anything, and preferable not arboreal i have trouble feeding arboreals, well not really trouble it just takes em a long time to get the crickets.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Green Bottle blue, Costa rican tigerump, Brazilian giant whiteknee, Mexican red knee those are pretty good choices--Jeff

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
H. lividums aren't really "display" T's...you rarely see them as they spend much of their time in their burrows. As for color, mine appears as a very dark navy blue. The blue shows up with the flash from a camera.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you want a nice display T, look at Joy's Long time molt thread.
G. auerostriata is one of the best display T's you can own, at least as an adult.

Ernie

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
If you want something terrestrial and for a display, but aren't worried about temperament... go with an P. murinus Orange form. They look awesome, and will web up to no end. (they may hide in the web quite a bit though)

Others to consider are The C. cyaneopubescens, and C. fasciatum. Both of these will web alot too, and some people (myself included) have them just sit ontop the webbing most of the time. And very pretty T's, to boot.

Bill

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how difficult are the greenbottle blue's to care for? and about how much should I be expecting to pay? I'll probably be getting a job at the local pet shop and I'll be able to get T's at the price pet shops pay so ill probably go crazy and have like 100 by next year. but till then I think ill get a few from swifts. are the freebies from there usually pretty good or are they just cheap t's?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i also have a big interest in finding out more about GBBs...what are they like temperament-wise from those who've actually kept them?

any chance of handling these guys? they're listed as docile on swifts but i'm generally paranoid. :)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
how difficult are the greenbottle blue's to care for? and about how much should I be expecting to pay? I'll probably be getting a job at the local pet shop and I'll be able to get T's at the price pet shops pay so ill probably go crazy and have like 100 by next year. but till then I think ill get a few from swifts. are the freebies from there usually pretty good or are they just cheap t's?
The cheapest Greenbottle blue is a 1" from Art Cerda from MidWest Exotic its $25 and here is a care sheet for them to Hope this helps! Green Bottle Blue Care Sheet

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A GBB is always a good choice, also B. boehmi, G. pulchra, G. aureostriata, C. fimbriatus, P. platyomma.

Andy

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a GBB who i paid $20 for. It is a little skittish, but it does not seem to be aggressive at all, They are very easy to care for, they like it very dry. They also have amazing colors, as sling's and adults, i think you should get one!! If you have any other questions just ask.
Mike