What millipedes are toxic to spiders?

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
So I asked a similar question in another threat, but thought i'd ask more specifically here. I want to feed my spider (a Eratigena atrica ) some millipedes i found outside my house, because theres TONS of them and they're super easy to find. They look like this:

while I know millipedes dont bite, I heard some give off a liquid that can be toxic to spiders.

Would this kind of millipede do that?? Should I not feed it to my spider? what kind of millipedes give off this liquid?

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
The risks of getting a millipede that has come into contact with insecticide should deter you from feeding outside insects to your spider. Unless it is a spider that you caught outside in your yard or something! But if not, the insects outside have built up tolerances to insecticides that don't effect them, but could kill your spider. Again said, if you caught the spider outside, disregard this post and I'm sorry I don't have more useful information on millipedes :)

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
The risks of getting a millipede that has come into contact with insecticide should deter you from feeding outside insects to your spider. Unless it is a spider that you caught outside in your yard or something! But if not, the insects outside have built up tolerances to insecticides that don't effect them, but could kill your spider. Again said, if you caught the spider outside, disregard this post and I'm sorry I don't have more useful information on millipedes :)
Yeah I did catch the spider outside but I don't think the millipedes have inseticide on them, as I found them all in my own yard where no insecticides are used

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Yeah I did catch the spider outside but I don't think the millipedes have inseticide on them, as I found them all in my own yard where no insecticides are used
Ah, okay! Well you can disregard most of that then. There is still a possibility some could come from a yard of a person who does use insecticide, but since your spider was caught outside, it probably would be fine. Sorry for not being more useful in terms of the millipede toxin subject!

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
Ah, okay! Well you can disregard most of that then. There is still a possibility some could come from a yard of a person who does use insecticide, but since your spider was caught outside, it probably would be fine. Sorry for not being more useful in terms of the millipede toxin subject!
its alright! i appreciate the help anyways! thank you♥

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Every millipede can secrete some sort of chemical defense. Even if you gave it to the spider, it may not be interested in a heavily armored and toxic prey.