What makes GBB's web so much?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I got bored today and starting watching my GBB, which I do even when i'm not bored, and she started walking around the cage and of course she had a web trail. Well when I watch my other spiders they walk around and sometimes they web and sometimes they don't but my GBB ALWAYS has a trail. I just wonder if anyone knows why this spider is know for their webbing? Is it where there from? Is it just the spider? Also exactly what is the webbing?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they have a hyper-active silk gland

no i really don't have any clue. my p.irminia does the same thing. she just wiggles her big butt everywhere and covers everything in silk.

did you try the search function? hehe lmfao

later
tom :5:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
In the wild, their habitat is very dry, and means loose dirt and dust- very unstable ground. They web a whole lot around their burrow so its more stable for rushing out to grab prey and such.
Besides just being instinct.

-Sean

Last edited:

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, yea I tried a search but didn't come up with anything that close. I think I read that it's because where they come from they have bad weather so they have to construct strong webs to prevent dammage but you can't believe everything on the web.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ShadowBlade is correct: C. cyano lives in a near-desert, on sandy substrate. The sand is too shifty for a T to have much traction, so they web up the area around their retreats to allow for ease of mobility/ dashing for prey ability.

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anecdotes

I see why some call GBB "semi-arboreal". My avics mostly web madly. My GBB climbs and webs almost like my avics. I've tried to spoil her with an array of enticing, terrestrial things but she tires of them and climbs and webs. The other day a few pinheads hatched and I shrugged it off. Won't bother her.