what luck!!! (smithi)

CMB Reptiles

Arachnopeon
So yesterday my B. smithi molted into a mature male, which I was bummed out about because I was told it was female. So I went into search for an adult female. Not an easy task as you can imagine. I figured it was gojng to cost me an arm and a leg. So today a customer tell me she will give me a FREE 8 yr old female that JUST molted a week ago! I get her tomorrow.

So when I have my pair, how should I proceed????

Thanks!

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You proceed by putting them down by the fire, turning on some Isaac Hayes and taking many many pics for those of us who aren't getting to see any hot smithi action.

:cool:

US Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Proceed by not letting the mature male get eaten. Its not to often you find mature males, prolly because they are slow growers.

lemme know if you would like to sell him:D{D

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
By doing lots of research before you do anything.
Here's a good thread to start in.
+1 Research, research, research - - you're being given a golden opportunity, so take full advantage of it. I know B. smithi's are considered common and for beginner's, but they are truly the standard of the hobby. They are the first T that many people see in their head when the word tarantula is mentioned and they are great ambassadors for the hobby. A great species to have more people breed for sure.

OK, I admit that all sounds a little overboard and sappy, but it's one of my favorite species - - so don't screw it up :rolleyes: