What laws are there in ur state for the tarantula's market?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Where are you asking about? Italian laws? US states? The entire world? Clarification needed.

and I don’t know of the top of my head here in the US things are pretty loose in most states, with interstate poecilotheria spp. being regulated, but google knows all this for sure. Importation and exportation laws are not universal.

JZayn99

Arachnopeon
Where are you asking about? Italian laws? US states? The entire world? Clarification needed.

and I don’t know of the top of my head here in the US things are pretty loose in most states, with interstate poecilotheria spp. being regulated, but google knows all this for sure. Importation and exportation laws are not universal.
I was asking for the entire world, because I found nothing on Google about it

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You’ll have to look up each Individual country and or state, it’s different everywhere. No universal laws , but country to country requires import/export permits.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
I don't know much about specific restrictions when it comes to keeping and selling,but when it comes to shipping inside and into Serbia, importing and shipping live animals that are not bees,leeches and silk bugs are forbidden and are returned or held at border,unless you have a specific permit to import or ship i would assume.
(I think the same goes for North Macedonia)

This sucks because there are so many inverts i'd gladly keep as pets but i can't buy anything that's outside Serbian borders because i will never recieve them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ue' guagliò, the others (U.S, UK, Germany etc) are more lucky than us. Italy is a disgrace when it comes to arachnids laws. No, wait: Italy is a disgrace, nonetheless.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Certain places like NYC and states like Connecticut and Maine have stupid laws. I think Oregon might. I don't know if you've heard about the Florida reptile ban that just passed, similar legislation has been proposed or passed in Minnesota, Illinois, and South Carolina. It'll only be a matter of time until they push against arachnids in the USA in my opinion, so we're gonna have to be ready to push back.

JZayn99

Arachnopeon
You’ll have to look up each Individual country and or state, it’s different everywhere. No universal laws , but country to country requires import/export permits.
of course, infact I was asking for ppl from different countries, unfortunately my English doesn't help...
Anyway, it was more of a survey than a question

Ue' guagliò, the others (U.S, UK, Germany etc) are more lucky than us. Italy is a disgrace when it comes to arachnids laws. No, wait: Italy is a disgrace, nonetheless.
FRATM I knew about UK and US but not Germany and other countries

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
FRATM I knew about UK and US but not Germany and other countries
Basically every nation of this world I'm aware of, except North Korea probably, has better arachnids laws than Italy :sad:

Back then, in early '90's, keeping arachnids was great, those weren't regulated at all.

In 2003 everything changed, still today is controversial :shy:

With that said, seems that in Italy, today, there's more people keeping T's than in the mid 2000's

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Not even gonna touch this one. There are so many variables, you may as well have a bunch of chimps throw darts at circles.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
You're not allowed to own any "poisonous" inverts in Denver.
Wait... I was going to drive down there for the Exotics show in april. You telling me they won't be selling any Tarantulas?

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
my city's bylaws, for some odd reason solpuges are illegal despite not having venom glands and also being native to the province directly to the left of us

all venomous spiders, including, but not limited to, tarantula, black widow and solifugid, scorpion
Calling solfugids venomous spiders is the funniest part of it lol
I hope you are kidding about solfugids.
Oh wow. But they say not limited to. Not including. I would have lost my mind. That's exactly why I love the little bastards. They are so creepy looking, they have to ban them outright. Way to make them more enticing to have... I only love them because they scare the gujeebus out of people. They scurried into the automatic doors in the ER when patients walked in and would scare them back outside. You think I'm not gonna tell that story every time to make people love them?

Last edited:

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Wait... I was going to drive down there for the Exotics show in april. You telling me they won't be selling any Tarantulas?
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of T's to choose from. The last few expos here have had a good selection.

Not sure how the expo gets around the law tbh. There aren't any exotics shops in Denver proper because of the law, they're all in the neighboring suburbs.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of T's to choose from. The last few expos here have had a good selection.

Not sure how the expo gets around the law tbh. There aren't any exotics shops in Denver proper because of the law, they're all in the neighboring suburbs.
Whew. Was about to throw a temper tantrum. Lol

Just left Oregon and my favorite exotics places permit to sell venous animals just expired so all of their T's were packed away. Huge bummer too as they had a couple T's I wanted to grab before I moved.

MJInsoCal

Arachnopeon
my city's bylaws, for some odd reason solpuges are illegal despite not having venom glands and also being native to the province directly to the left of us

all venomous spiders, including, but not limited to, tarantula, black widow and solifugid, scorpion
Calling solfugids venomous spiders is the funniest part of it lol
Thanks. I used to live there. Moving to Southern California, this is like the wild wild west of pets. Walk into a pet store and see a Green Anaconda. They have an annual bug fair at the local museum of natural history. They were selling "pet" death stalker scorpions. Fun times.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Clearly you didn’t search thoroughly.

Thanks. I used to live there. Moving to Southern California, this is like the wild wild west of pets. Walk into a pet store and see a Green Anaconda. They have an annual bug fair at the local museum of natural history. They were selling "pet" death stalker scorpions. Fun times.
The bug fair in SoCal is great