What kind of water is best for Ts ?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
This is something that is a consern for me, and Ive owned Ts for five years,...four actually,.....anyway what kind of water do you feed your Ts, and which is really best ??

Tap water (that has chlorine so how can it be good ??)
Bottled mineral water
Reverse osmosis water---(what I give them)

What is best ??? What do u personally use ??? :confused: :?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good question, but I use tap water.

Botar

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've been using tap water for 6 years now, no problems. I just age it. I fill gallon water jugs up with ordinary tap water and let it sit for a week without lids. The chlorine will dissipate.
john

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use tap water most of the time when out water cooler is empty. When I use it I put in some of that water conditioner liquid that you put in with fish tank water so that it kills the chlorine and lime so i dont have lime stains on the glass.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For their water bowls, I use whatever's around - if the distilled water jug is nearby, they get that. If it's not, they get tapwater from the bathroom sink. I don't think there's any point in worrying about water sources - they're hardy critters and if stuff in tap water was going to kill them, we wouldn't need to ever buy any insecticides, we'd just mist our plants and watch the aphids shrivel and die :)

When I mist I only use distilled but that's because I want to avoid mineral buildups on the tank sides.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
That makes sence code, the aphids would die wouldnt they !
I guess I was just worried ! If chlorine kills my fish (which is why I declorinate it) then I imagined it cant be good for Ts.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Chlorine kills your fish because it disrupts oxygen-CO2 exchange across the membranes in their gills and they go belly up - much like if you had to breathe chlorine gas. OTOH, ingested, the amounts are much too small to be of issue.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Oh !! Ok !! Yah, I heard it burns their little gills ! :( Poor fishies. Ive never had a fish die of chlorine (I ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT MY NEW PETS BEFORE I RUSH OUT AND BUY ONE !!! :mad: ) but I know PLENTY of NITWITS who have...RETAWDS. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Learn about it before you buy it !!!! :mad:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I use the wet kind. It tastes great and it's less filling. ;P

Seriously though, I just use water straight from the tap. The water is actually somewhat fit for human consumption here, so I figure if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for them.

Scott

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I use only the freshest imported French dew droplets, harvested from the leaves of the tallest trees in the foothills of the alps, bottled in laboratory grade containers which have been sterilized in an autoclave, flown to Guelph and dumped into the lake from whence we draw our municiple water. At least that's how I wish it worked.

Cheers,
Dave

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tap water

I use only the finest Glenbow Resivoir tap water.

Its quenches my thirst, and my T's as well

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been looking for that little pond that they had in the movie "eight legged freaks" so I could get some "supersized" t's.....
seriously though I use straight unaged tap water for my t's.....I have been drinking the stuff for over 40 years and I am still around. I use bottled water for my frogs..........I use the polymers for crickets, millipedes, baby scorpions and mad hisser roaches.
Ed