What kind of Species of this one ?

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
Hey guys

just got this Tarantula from a friend but he was not sure what kind of genus and species of this one.

it could be lasiodora parahybana or aphonopelma sp. guatemala.

please take a look for me :)

anyone can help ? :)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
I don't think it's A. sp. Guatemala. The stripes on the knee look to pronounced. Here's a thread where they discuss the distinguishing mark of A. sp. Guatemala:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=162887
thanks for the reply

i have read the link that you gave.

yup it doesnt look like A.sp Guatemala or could it be a Lasiodara parahybana ?

talking about her attitude, she has been fasting for almost a month.

last time my friend gave her pinkis and she has no taste to having crickets, i have just check and tried to give her superworms and she ignored superworm as well.

oh yeah i found her thin web underneath hiding cave, does it mean she want to molting ?

okie thanks for your help, still need to find out what she is :)

hermzxd45

Arachnopeon
it kinda looks like a g pulchra but the stripes are too defined. maybe a g. formosa?.... still looks beautiful though....

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't really know what it is, but it's not A. brocklehursti IMO. Nothing on that spider points to A. brocklehursti to me.
I agree with Zoltan, not a A. brocklehursti.

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would think it's an Acanthoscurria of some sort, but no, not brocklehursti.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's a whole 'tarantula identification' category, have you tried posting this in there?

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
It looks like a Lasiodorides striatus to me.

Art
yes, this could be L.striatus to me, do you think its a lasiodora parahybana ?

There's a whole 'tarantula identification' category, have you tried posting this in there?
thanks for the advice, i have just posted some of these pics to "tarantula id category"

@all above : thanks for your time and your answers :)

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I think it might help to wait for a molt. It could change greatly with a new outfit.:}

--Dan

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think it's A. sp. Guatemala. The stripes on the knee look to pronounced. Here's a thread where they discuss the distinguishing mark of A. sp. Guatemala:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=162887
If I am not mistaken, the A. sp. guatemala is the one that has a "blue-ish" color to it.

This is in no way an A. brocklehursti! Its quite obvious. It does not have the white stripes, red hairs on the rump. I mean, thats enough to say its not an A. brock....

To me, I would say its an A. seemani... But, I dont really know enough about them to say that is what it is for sure. The stripes on the knees, and the brown-ish color says seemani to me.

However, I cant say for certain if I am correct or not.

As for it needing a molt. I have to disagree. It (to me) looks like it is not that far into its molt cycle. (Again I could be wrong.) But it does not appear "dull enough" to be far into its cycle.

Just my opinions though.

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
+1 on Lasiodorides striatus
Definately not L. parahybana, or A. brocklehursti and i'm 100% sure it's not A. seemani either (A. seemani has orange spinnerets)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
+1 on Lasiodorides striatus
Definately not L. parahybana, or A. brocklehursti and i'm 100% sure it's not A. seemani either (A. seemani has orange spinnerets)
Ahh yes... That is right! I forgot the A. seemani had orange spinnerets. Thanks for pointing that out!

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
This is in no way an A. brocklehursti! Its quite obvious. It does not have the white stripes

To me, I would say its an A. seemani... But, I dont really know enough about them to say that is what it is for sure. The stripes on the knees, and the brown-ish color says seemani to me.
You say it's not Acanthoscurria brocklehursti because it doesn't have white stripes on the patellas, but you say it's Aphonopelma seemanni (it's spelled with 2 n's) because of the stripes? A. seemanni has white(ish) colored prominent stripes on the patellas:
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0099
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0309

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was looking at Swift's site, considering a new order, and I saw this pic that made me think of this thread. I can't say for sure, but thought I'd just toss it into the mix.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You say it's not Acanthoscurria brocklehursti because it doesn't have white stripes on the patellas, but you say it's Aphonopelma seemanni (it's spelled with 2 n's) because of the stripes? A. seemanni has white(ish) colored prominent stripes on the patellas:
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0099
http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/index.php/Tarantulas/birdspiders_0309
If you are going to quote me... Please, dont just pick out what you want. Here is my original post...

This is in no way an A. brocklehursti! Its quite obvious. It does not have the white stripes, red hairs on the rump. I mean, thats enough to say its not an A. brock....
Not only the white stripes, also read what has be place in bold...

Again, in bold...

However, I cant say for certain if I am correct or not.
Again...

Just my opinions though.
And last time...

As some one already pointed out, the orange spinneretts. And this one does not have them. SO, I have already said I was wrong.

And the white stripes, they are not in the correct location as the bands on an A. brocklehursti.... Maybe I could have worded my first post better. And because I didnt, and the confusion. My appologies.