What kind of pokie am I?

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A SLOW POKIE! :rolleyes:

Sorry, had to. Yet another for regalis. Could use some food though.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed...P. regalis (looks to be a MM, I see gloves)...but I do have a question...is that a reddish hue on the palps?

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agreed...P. regalis (looks to be a MM, I see gloves)...but I do have a question...is that a reddish hue on the palps?
Bingo Rob. That's why I posted this. This was sold to me as a striata sling. I noticed the cream band that screams regalis. However, when it matured I noticed reddish setae on its palps that scream ornata. So what is it?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bingo Rob. That's why I posted this. This was sold to me as a striata sling. I noticed the cream band that screams regalis. However, when it matured I noticed reddish setae on its palps that scream ornata. So what is it?
Exactly what I was thinking...when I first saw the palps I was like...ornata, then saw the band & was like huh??

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So that raises the question....what is it? Is it a genetically diverse regalis or a regalis/ornata crossbreed?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So that raises the question....what is it? Is it a genetically diverse regalis or a regalis/ornata crossbreed?
Can you get a pic of the folio and carapace???

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The carapace no problem, do you want the full carapace or is a pic of the exuvia carapace sufficient? What is a folio?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The carapace no problem, do you want the full carapace or is a pic of the exuvia carapace sufficient? What is a folio?
The white pattern on the top of the abdomen!

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are the two best shots I could get. Let me know if you need pics of another part. Looking forward to your answer.

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here are the two best shots I could get. Let me know if you need pics of another part. Looking forward to your answer.
From the top - ornata male....from the bottom - regalis. I'm a little confused on this one. Here's a pic of my MM regalis:

And here is a pic of my MM ornata(bad pic, sorry):

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldnt say its a hybrid.. I wouldnt even try taking a guess at what it is..

The pictures are not clear enough for anyone to even offer an educated guess..

The pictures need better lighting.. More clearity.. If you cant offer that.. Be happy knowing your spider is healthy... & dont attempt to breed it..