what is your oldest tarantula?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi i was wandering what everyones oldest tarantulas are.i think i read terestrials live longer ?my oldest tarantula is a brachypelma emelia who is 6 years old and 3".but i have a g.rosea that i bought as an adult.she must be older but dont know her age.what is yours?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My oldest is one of my first T's a B. Smithi and she is almost 16 years old, 16 this coming November 8th actually.
6 years old at 3" :eek: :eek: :eek:
I must have something in my water over here cause I got a batch of slings to 5"+ in 3-4 years. Both males and females.

Last edited:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My oldest T is a B. auratum, it's 9 years old and it's about 5" legspan

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have one, and I have no idea how old she is. She's a 4" G.aureostriata that molted a week ago.

I guess I could cut her in half and count the rings, but then I'd be out a Tonka. :)

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My oldest is one of my first T's a B. Smithi and she is almost 16 years old, 16 this coming November 8th actually.
6 years old at 3" :eek: :eek: :eek:
I must have something in my water over here cause I got a batch of slings to 5"+ in 3-4 years. Both males and females.
ya my brachypelma emelia is about 4" not 3":D

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a G. Rosea I grew from a 1" sling to a 5"+ monster that is around 12 years-old now. My first tarantula!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have a g rosea that is almost certianly the oldest one in my collection however i can not verify the age. but it was WC at 6" or more sp based on the groth rate of my others it must be at least 500 years old lol

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am not sure the exact age of my T, but its G. rosea and anywhere between 20 years or older. She's older than me {D

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My oldest female is an A. metallica, 9 years old and 6" legspan.

My oldest male is a P. irminia at just under 4 years, and he is 2 years and 4 months past his maturing molt, still eating and showing absolutly no signs of turning up his toes.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My oldest female is an A. metallica, 9 years old and 6" legspan.

My oldest male is a P. irminia at just under 4 years, and he is 2 years and 4 months past his maturing molt, still eating and showing absolutly no signs of turning up his toes.
That's amazing, Varden! :eek: No mistakes on dates, perhaps? I only ask because I have never heard of a male lasting this long. Congrats!

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one of mine, (G. Rosea) i think is at least 9 years old. it was 3" when my friend got it, and it's been 6 years since that!

Last edited:

thevez2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My oldest is my Eupalaestrus campestratus that is 7 years old, I've had her for 5.

Someone on the ATS site has a Male G. rosea that is 5 years past it's ultimate molt.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a G. Pulchra that is at least 9 years old, and a T. Blondi, that just reached around 9 inches, I dont know where that puts the age but it was a long year and a half since the last molt....

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a WC adult G.rosea, my first T, that I purchased (as an adult) back around spring 2001.

ciappie

Arachnopeon
My bebe is at the very youngest 20 (how long I've had it). And going strong ! In the fall my spider will be old enough to drink in the USA, woohoo !

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my P. cancerides. i don't know how old she is, but she's my only adult, so obviously older than my 4 slings and 1 juvie.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my P. cancerides. i don't know how old she is, but she's my only adult, so obviously older than my 4 slings and 1 juvie.
lol maybe not, they grow pretty fast so it may just be younger than a juvie of say aaphonopelma, brachypelma or grammostola species

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
since i don't have any from those genera, i'm almost positive.