What is your most surprising T? (atypical behavior)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Prime example of how much individuals can differ within a species. It's funny that you always end up with the oddballs, at this rate you mineswell get a P.murinus, we all know how it's going to turn out ;)
She's a better example of how temperaments can change from moult-to-moult.

It doesn't always work so I'll pass on the OBT, I have quite a few spoders in my collection that all behave pretty much as should be expected.

aphono

Arachnobaron
A. chalcodes likes to poop on the walls! Nice sized very bold white streaks running down.. and mostly in the corners- not easy to clean spot due to partial top lid... :shifty:

isn't that mostly an avic/arboreal thing?

She was also extremely reactive, feisty, rearing and giving serious attempts to bite with slapping while in the deli cup she came in. After rehousing to Jamie's enclosure.. she is the most placid thing ever, nothing fazes her. I'm glad she showed her feisty capabilities at first, great reminder they are wild animals.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
A. chalcodes likes to poop on the walls! Nice sized very bold white streaks running down.. and mostly in the corners- not easy to clean spot due to partial top lid... :shifty:

isn't that mostly an avic/arboreal thing?
Mine tries to hang turds from the lid :yuck::rofl:

Yeah, that and doing horrible things to water dishes.

boina

Lady of the mites
My new P. subfusca "lowland" is burrowing... She's got an arboreal enclosure with vertical cork bark and all, but no, she decides she wants to burrow, and with 4" she's not in the burrowing spiderling stage anymore. Since I didn't expect that she hasn't all that much substrate, so she reached bottom quickly. Now she's pulling up dirt curtains...
What do I do now, do I give her a fossorioal setup?? :troll::rofl::rofl:

keks

Arachnobaron
My new P. subfusca "lowland" is burrowing... She's got an arboreal enclosure with vertical cork bark and all, but no, she decides she wants to burrow, and with 4" she's not in the burrowing spiderling stage anymore. Since I didn't expect that she hasn't all that much substrate, so she reached bottom quickly. Now she's pulling up dirt curtains...
What do I do now, do I give her a fossorioal setup?? :troll::rofl::rofl:
She takes "lowland" litarally :rofl:. Haplotank ... ^^.

My Ephebopus cyanognathus sling is the most time out of it's burrow and on the top of the moss-cluster :rolleyes:.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
My big female A. avic makes obt's look like a joke. I've also got an A. seemanni that's just pist off at literally everything.

WoofSpider

Arachnosquire
I think my most unusual one is my A. avicularia. It only webs when it is about to molt. It will spin a beautiful hammock, molt, and then tear it down a week or two later.

Totally bizarre.

TyjTheMighty

Arachnosquire
I think my most unusual one is my A. avicularia. It only webs when it is about to molt. It will spin a beautiful hammock, molt, and then tear it down a week or two later.

Totally bizarre.
My Avic avic does the exact same thing. S/he also never bolts like some ppl say their Avic avics do.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
My N.chromatus who did the "arboreal stance" when it hasnt molted yet(although,it happened on a very imminent molt stage).i was confused and worried that time.i know that even terrestials does this stance but only during post-molt(afaik).

P.S.: any insight about this would be really appreciated as i am curious as to why they do such stance in a imminent molting stage.

Also this,

I call it the "perfect dont touch me position". Abdomen raised at almost vertical,ready to release hairs ,carapace well covered by the legs,protecting the delicates.its like she's saying: "touch me and ill bomb you with hairs"

Attachments