What Is Your Most Prized Tarantula?

Reezelbeezelbug

Arachnosquire
My E pachypus female is my rarest and so satisfying to see outside her burrow on the rare occasion it happens. Would love to find her a man

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
That’s such a hard question lol, maybe P.metallica. Although my favorite to observe and watch is P.cambridgei, they’re always active and aware.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
No clue. I don't have anything rare. Maybe my new sling: a Pseudhapalopous sp "blue", I guess. Don't know......My favourite is probably my P. irminia that I never see. I'm also partial to my regalis....

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Well I've thought about this question for 24 hours. I find it impossible to answer. I prize them all. All, except two, I've been raising since tiny slings. Some are great eaters, some great diggers, some have great "personality", some are always on display, some are common, some are rare. But all of them I've worked hard to afford them, house them and maintain them with the best care. I think all of us have blood, sweat, and tears amongst our collection. So they're all prized and priceless IMO.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
It probably sounds silly, such a common species....but I'd have to say my Avicularia avicularia.
I didn't even WANT an avic, in fact I specifically did NOT want one. I got her to save her from a bad situation.
But the webbing, the iridescent legs, those sweet little pink toes.....she's freaking awesome.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I honestly can't decide on one. I love them all. But I think the one I am most precious about was the Avic avic I bred myself..

MACHO MANDAL RANDY SANDAL!!
IMG_9758.jpg
I think it's a she, and she's gonna SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Definitely my adult female Aphonopelma chalcodes "New River" variant, female sub-adult GBB and my large adult female Avic. avic.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have a prized T as in like a super rare one or anything. But I have a stupidly big soft spot for my immature male Avicularia sp. He's just so leggy and fluffy. He also has a habit of popping out of his web tube as I come into the room, I don't know why he does it, I think he's just curious what's going on, but its cute either way. I'm already prematurely sad about him passing someday.

jakenbake

Arachnopeon
I only have one and it's my first so Socks the A. avicularia is my fave by default. I think if/when I get another Socks will probably remain my favorite just because they're my first and I was sooooo happy when after over a year of research I finally got over my nerves, said "eff it, I'm getting the tarantula," and bought them the next day after work.

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
I’d have to say my big 7 inch female A. geniculata. Love her feisty ness and her feeding response. She basically eats up until she actually molts. She just molted 5 days ago. Her molt was 7 inches so she is a bit bigger. She isn’t defensive either; once she knows food isn’t coming. Have to let her know with a slight puff of breath. Then she comes out and just chills while I clean. I don’t handle, but she has tried to climb out when I clean; so I gently place back on the substrate.
0FF4F233-ACA9-49B5-81A9-5314BA05FAA4.jpeg

bananahead

Arachnopeon
My female Phrixotrichus Scrofa. I looked for one for the longest time, and finally was able to locate her. She is absolutely stunning, and my favorite of all my T's. Followed by my gigantic Pamphobeteus female and my LP female I've raised.

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
It is a little tough for me to pick just one. I love all of my baboons in particular, but my favorite is probably my h. Pulchripes.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Only 7 tarantulas in, I don't have anything rare or expensive yet. Of course I love them all but my first, Hairy the LP, I think will be my favorite until I don't have him anymore. I get why people don't think LPs are anything special but to me he's beautiful and the one that changed my life and is the one most visitors are impressed by because of his size. I actually tear up at the thought of making arrangements for him to go off for breeding someday even though he doesn't even have hooks or bulbs yet.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My B. hamorii for sure. Mostly because she's the only one in my entire collection I've been able to confirm as female for myself. She was supposed to be my last T (hahah) so I went all out and spent an insane amount on her. Wouldn't change that purchase for the world. She's grumpy but I adore her.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
My B. hamorii for sure. Mostly because she's the only one in my entire collection I've been able to confirm as female for myself. She was supposed to be my last T (hahah) so I went all out and spent an insane amount on her. Wouldn't change that purchase for the world. She's grumpy but I adore her.
Can I ask why you spent an insane amount on a B.hamorii? Unless we have a different interpretation on “an insane amount of money”!

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Can I ask why you spent an insane amount on a B.hamorii? Unless we have a different interpretation on “an insane amount of money”!
Confirmed female, and at the time it was the only species I wanted that I didn’t own, and I figured hey I’m not going to buy another tarantula so why not just go ham on this one? If only I knew....