What Is Your Most Prized Tarantula?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Out of all my T’s one in particular has stolen my heart. Do you have a specific T that are your absolutely obsessed with and rocks your boat?

Mine in particular is my juvenile Grammostola ihringi I’ve named 747. While I love my Psalmopoeus genus, the G. iheringi is the one T in my collection that has captivated me. Everything from its general demeanor, to its color and
ultimately regal size. I would go as far to say it is my most prized T.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
One of my cambridgeis, a young female, is always visible, always eats what she gets and stays - with incidence of light and noise - always relaxed and confident. She is not skittish and / or defensive! Psalmopoeus and Tapinauchenius are my absolute favorites, so I am particularly pleased that my favorite species are giving so much joy!

My number one (right now!):
IMG_5291.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG

Last edited:

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. hamorii. The all-time classic. By Fall, it will mark 10 years that I've owned this girl. Seeing her grow larger and more beautiful with every molt has been a vastly rewarding experience for me. I wouldn't be surprised that she'll outlive my other 3. May she live a couple decades more in my care.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh DCF is my current crown jewel. It took me years to find one in the states. Her purchase happened just slightly after I decided to take a shift change at work (3 days on, 4 days off) so I had more uninterrupted time to work on a massive personal project that revolves around tarantulas. I took that as a sign and she is the only tarantula in my collection that has a name (her name is Providence).
20210428_090638.jpg

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh DCF is my current crown jewel. It took me years to find one in the states. Her purchase happened just slightly after I decided to take a shift change at work (3 days on, 4 days off) so I had more uninterrupted time to work on a massive personal project that revolves around tarantulas. I took that as a sign and she is the only tarantula in my collection that has a name (her name is Providence).
View attachment 384694
saw some of these on instagram, really nice spider

Braden

Arachnoknight
My Lasiodora parahybane 4'' 0.1.
She's a feisty gal, loves to eat and is almost always visible

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
saw some of these on instagram, really nice spider
They're also notoriously defensive and can have a real attitude problem. She's no exception, I got more fuss from her during the rehouse then I've ever gotten from my P. muticus.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
cant pick just one all of mine are my favourites. for different reasonsa genic and b smithii cause they are both pet rocks always out on display. perfect display ts to use in converting any and all of my friends. who visit with their kids my vagans and muticus are just pet holes boxes of dirt always digging. which i intend to house in really big enclosures once i have the space to do so so i can observe the extent they will tunnel and burrow

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
My crown jewel is definitely my female M. robustum! Got her about a year ago as an unsexed juvie, and she's pushing 3" now. Not the fastest grower, but her coloring, unique defense mechanism, and excellent feeding response has really won me over. I don't get to see her out much, as they're true fossorials, but when I do it's absolutely magnificent.

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
I love all my Ts, but if I had to choose one...

IMG_20210513_185315.jpg

Definitely my Pamphobeteus sp. solaris. Freshly molted (it's a he!), I couldn't get better shots as I didn't want to stress him out.

He's absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colors, a total sweetheart compared to my other Pampho (sp platyomma)... Never kicked hair, always docile and cooperative, voracious eater, almost always on display since a few weeks now. Used to burrow when he was smaller but not anymore.

If given the opportunity, I'll definitely get another sling of this species.

My H. pulchripes is a close second tho!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hmmm all of them??......but I do have a soft spot for my true runt of the litter Caribena versicolor that after now hitting the 16mo mark and with getting it at 2i is still not past the 2in mark. It is still a blue fuzzball after all this time. It eats regularly, molts regularly, but has the smallest increment of size growth put on with molts, I hope to goodness this one turns out female. This is it today after 16mo got it in January 2020. Croops my runt 4479262D-F8BB-4690-8806-D29D520B7E55.jpeg

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
One of my cambridgeis, a young female, is always visible, always eats what she gets and stays - with incidence of light and noise - always relaxed and confident. She is not skittish and / or defensive!
One of my P. cambridgeis is the same. It's still unsexed, I really hope it's a girl because it's my favorite tarantula.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I don't really have a prized T as such but my GBB has a special place in my heart.
She's the first T I got so have gone through all the usual anxious stressful scenarios together! That and she's beautiful and cooperative and always on show.
I have a spider room upstairs but she stays downstairs with me! 😁