What is your most active T?

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am always searching and reading about T's and sometimes I run across some that are said to be great display T's as they are always out in the open, or wandering around, webbing, whatever...just not hiding. However, different people and sources always seem to disagree, so I am wondering what is your most active T?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My N chromatus sling and G aureostriata juvie are both workaholic bulldozers. I think the chromatus is more active but it's also younger. On the other hand the H incei is like a firehose with all the webbing. My MM C fasciatum is more active than all of them but he's always just pacing and trying to escape so he can go get a hot piece of spidey action.

As for display, there are many spiders that stay out in the open a lot but aren's necessarily active. G rosea is a pretty stark example of this. I have 2 rosies and a B smithi who are out in the open 99% of the time but they barely move. The smithi has been striking the exact same pose w/ 3 legs on her dish and 5 off for like 36 hours now... I hear most Brachypelmas exhibit similar behavior to some degree.

Last edited:

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G.aureostriata is almost always out in the open, and she does move around. I just always happen to catch her when she's already settled into a new position.

SpiderGirl-13

Arachnopeon
Active sling

I have a Golden Knee sling about 1" or little over the little guy/girl is pretty active.{D

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gbb

MY C.Cyaneopubescens is very active and will usually catch a dropped cricket on the first bounce.
Jason

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G. aureostriata sling is also a bulldozer. It refurnishes it's enclosure at least once a week. It has buried and dug up the little plastic plants and moved them several times. I thought maybe it didn't like them so I took them out. Then it tried to escape regularly until I put them back. Now it satisfies itself by moving the plants. My C cyanopubescens also catch food on the first bounce and are always webbing everything in their enclosures.
Jen

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My subadult G. Aureostriata is constantly redecorating. =) I find its waterdish/plants and wooden hides in a new location every week.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G. Aureostriata sling is very active too. I like the way they move. Kinda cute. :D

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When it isn't in pre-molt, my C. cyaneopubescens is out at the entrance to its webbed cavern almost all the time.

The next two would be my B. auratum and B. boehmei. They are almost always visible in their enclosures, as they ignore their hides completely and prefer to stand on top of them instead.

My little P. rufilata has started taking "walks" or "jogs" in the evenings. He'll come out of his hide, and wander around his cube, or make mad dashes every now and then.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
My avics are the most active. Especially the versi will most often sit in a different spot every 15-30 minutes (as long as it's a little bit hungry due to very slight underfeeding). I never seem to see it move, though, I always miss that part. :D

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. Scrofa hasn't ever gone in its hide, and walks around a healthy amount (not too much).

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i only have 2 T's, but

my G. rosea won't stay in her hide even if i try to make her.

the A. eutylenum will stay inside once he's there, but he's never in a rush to get there in the first place.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice...it sounds like I need to get a G. aureostriata next then.

I have a GBB, and it does web alot. This morning was the first time I have seen it go into its hide since I put it in the new habitat. My L. parahybana's are usually out but not really active. One of my two P. cancerides is always wandering around and climbing on stuff...very active. My avic moves around alot, but like others...I seem to always miss it. I am picking up 3 more real soon and one is a chromatus, so I look forward to that. The rest of mine are pretty calm and inactive as well. Oh, except my A. seemani...that one likes to walk around alot too.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My B. boehmei that I raised from one of the first slings I ever had. She has become very curious- she will walk over to the side of the tank closest to where I am in the room almost to say "hello"!! It has happened too many times just to be a fluke. She dug a half-assed burrow but never uses it.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
active

i would say pterinochilus murinus.because it is always webbing and digging.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My Nhandu Chromatus is Nearly 6" and always has been and still is my
most active T. :D
PS T. Blondi runs a close second.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a lot of slings that are very active and constantly digging but from what i've read that seems pretty common with a lot of slings. As far as bigger T's - i only have 12 indivduals that represent 7 different species.

• A. avicularia - mature female: very active, especially at night. i haven't had her a real long time and she hasn't made a tube web for a permanent home yet so don't know if this will change.
  • B. smithi - 5.5" immature male & 4" unsexed: Both are very active, again especially at night but even during the day sometimes. Both are constantly remodeling their whole enclosures, moving plants, bull dozing. i love watching them.
  • B. vagans - 4" unsexed: never in hide but not real active. i often find her in a different position but don't see her actively moving around much.
  • E. murinus - 4" unsexed: Pretty much lives in its webbed up flower pot 24/7 except when occasionally adding more webbing to her enclosure. She undoes her webbed door of hide at night to wait for food and is very cool to watch her grab food - fastest T i have and beautiful but unfortunately don't see her very much.
  • G. aureostriata - 4" unsexed: i LOVE this T!!! She is also constantly remodeling her home and bull dozing. She is also very docile and has not flicked hairs. Did i mention how much i like this T?? :D
  • G. rosea - 4" unsexed: i see her moving around at night sometimes and often find her in a different position, doesn't use hide but not very active.
  • N. chromatus - 5.5" female: Occasionally in hide and constantly in a different position. However, she was premolt when i received her and just recovered from her molt now so maybe she will be more active. She's a gorgeous T too - especially after her molt!
  • P. pederseni - 5.5" female: She is out where i can see her often at night but otherwise hiding. Not real active except when i feed her; then she is lightening fast!!
  • P. murinus - 2 juvies, 2 MF & 1 MM: i love my OBT's!! The MM is obviously out all night looking for some more action like he got last weekend! All the rest usually hang out in various hides or webs. They are more active at night but sometimes don't come out at all or just sit at the entrance of their hides waiting for food. Also very fast for grabbing crickets and fun to watch.

My B. smithi's and G. aureostriata are by far the most active! Very fun T's! :cool:

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My big female A.geniculata is very active . Never in her hiding place .

Last edited:

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I think my most actice T was a G. rosea..... By active I mean she sat in the open, rather than in her burrow.....

During the night, when all the lights were out, the Haplopelmas were sure to be seen out of their holes doing something...

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well, i would say my female avic.minatrix she's all over the KK at night,and sometimes during the day too. all of my other ts..........lazy,until feeding time then they wake up{D