what is your goal in the hobby

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
I was wondering if any of you have goals in the hobby sutch as working up to a certain speices, breeding having a certain number of scorps or other.

my currant goal is to keep every U.S native in the hobby at some point.

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
My goal is to first establish Babycurus gigas in my collection working on breeding the pair,and holding back the first brood for myself...
Then would like to get Isometrus maculatus and get them established...

Kymura

Arachnoknight
My only goal honestly is to enjoy the ones I currently have. They are therapy for me. My stress relief so-to-say.
That's honesty by the way. Lost two family members (mom and sister) last couple years and some days are rough. Don't watch any television and I'm disabled. Sooo....
My tarantula time allows me to focus and relax.

StingerZ n more

Arachnopeon
My only goal honestly is to enjoy the ones I currently have. They are therapy for me. My stress relief so-to-say.
That's honesty by the way. Lost two family members (mom and sister) last couple years and some days are rough. Don't watch any television and I'm disabled. Sooo....
My tarantula time allows me to focus and relax.
I'm so sorry to hear that...Yes I know what you mean,it is a hobby that is fulfilling.. I find pleasure in scorpions and reptiles...but I will also lift you up in prayer...

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep as many species of Tityus as I can (though I wouldn't say no to Isometrus as well). I have three species now and they are by far my favorite scorpions. Of course once I get my hands on those various species I want to keep them properly, breed them, and disperse them far and wide in the hobby for others to enjoy.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd love to see scorpions become more promoninent in the hobby. There are so many species that are beautiful and unique but are either rarely offered in the hobby or just not in the hobby at all. Tarantulas have come a long way since I started this journey about 13 years ago, but scorpions haven't moved forward like tarantulas or even centipedes have. Sometimes I feel like it's done the opposite, at least in the U.S. Years ago it was much easier for me to find various species of Tityus and Isomerrus. The species of this genus have some truly beautiful looking scorps, such as isometrus melanodactylus.

I've been away from the hobby for a few years and I recently just came back. I'm changing my approach as far as my collection and going for species that are rare or not as common. I'd hope that the U.S. could at least catch up to where Europe is currently.

Like what was mentioned earlier in this thread, the keeping, breeding, and husbandry of inverts and reptiles brings a lot of people joy or some way of coping with the rigors of life.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
My main goal is to own and raise as many species as I can. I love to educate people on these animals, and every scorp has their own personality and little quirks about them. To own every one and properly raise and possibly breed them will help me educate and help others in the hobby :D

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Eventually, travel and film/photograph arachnids and some insects all around the world. But for now I'm happy with my 10 T's, 2 scorpions, Vinegaroon, mantis, and bunch of camel spider babies....lol. There's just so much about these animals that 90% of the world doesn't even know about, and I think it'd be awesome for the world to be able to acknowledge their uniqueness.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
There's just so much about these animals that 90% of the world doesn't even know about, and I think it'd be awesome for the world to be able to acknowledge their uniqueness.
So true... So many things to be discovered, I just hope humanity doesn't destroy too many of them before I get to see them lol.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My goal is to breed and sell as many as I can and get filthy stinking rich off them. Rich I tells ya.

I'm already 2/3 of the way there, I was cutting wood all day and haven't had time to shower yet so I am filthy and stinking.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I'd say, if possible, raise emperor scorpions to adults, breed. Then raise more scorpions. After wards, if we can get a bill passed to a law (hopefully) allowing the hobbyists to keep some giant beetles or some other insects, then those would be my next goal. I do want to be an entomologist one day maybe.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Breed rarer Ts that cost a fortune and bring some prices down while boosting their presence in the hobby and making them more affordable.

Main goal is to have kept every species :p

Last edited:

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I like to think of all of the forum (we the responsible invert keepers) as citizen scientists.

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely a Pokemon goal here. Catch em all. Maybe not all at the same time but work my way through every available specie throughout my life.

Entrepulchranhandur

Xenesthnomorphis
My goal for my hobby is to first and foremost create my own ideal collection for myself to enjoy; it will be self sustaining. I will then become an experienced breeder-dealer in order to make my contribution to this Hobby.