What is your dream myriapod?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Scolopendra hardwickei, scolopendra paradoxa, scolopendra sp ‘mint legs’, scolopendra gigantea (even though I have one at the moment). I also want to catch my own scolopendra heros.

Pilate

Arachnopeon
Giant pill millipede, but I have rhopalomeris which was one of my dream millipede. I am obsessed with them

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Scolopendra dehaani “flame leg” are very cool looking, but they’re WAY too venomous and ill-tempered for my dad to let me buy one. Oh well, until I move out, lol. I definitely want a S. gigantea as well (but doesn’t everyone? lol), but they’re quite expensive for a pede. Hopefully I could get one as a Christmas gift :) I also really want a Scolopendra sp. “Red Giant Hispaniola”, but can’t seem to find anyone that has them in the states.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
My dream myriapod is a giant centipede which doesn't bite, has 12 colour settings, answers my emails and does my dishes (you did say dream myriapod...) Failing that, I've just acquired a Red Giant Scolopendra alternans, which I've wanted for a long time.

(Ps: The second photo is not taken by me, credits got to @Salvador, but it shows the trick I use to make ventilation holes: I heat a fork over a flame and poke 4 holes at a time. If you were to mark out your lines first you'd get a much neater pattern, but I wasn't fussed.)

46110769_10160897320285543_5536782606315552768_n.jpg 45835154_1988324231247483_9074240546020524032_n.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
My dream myriapod is a giant centipede which doesn't bite, has 12 colour settings, answers my emails and does my dishes (you did say dream myriapod...) Failing that, I've just acquired a Red Giant Scolopendra alternans, which I've wanted for a long time.

(Ps: The second photo is not taken by me, credits got to @Salvador, but it shows the trick I use to make ventilation holes: I heat a fork over a flame and poke 4 holes at a time. If you were to mark out your lines first you'd get a much neater pattern, but I wasn't fussed.)

View attachment 292481 View attachment 292482
Still reckon a soldering iron is neater and quicker.

basin79

ArachnoGod
You are probably correct, I need to get myself one of those...
Definitely although don't buy a £7 one. They give up if you have to make a lot of holes in 1 sitting.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron

View attachment 292481 View attachment 292482
Where did you get yours?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Does the plastic not damage the iron? That's one reason I haven't tried it yet.
No. Well it hasn't to my current iron and I've done loads of holes. It ruined a cheap soldering iron though in 1 long use.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Just to add to the thread -- I stopped using drill on *any* plastic or acrylic. The solder gun works much better on acrylic as well as plastic bins. Just don't breathe the fumes.....and IMHO the cheapest solder gun will do, I mean, you're not using it daily (likely), just a few holes on a few cages at a time.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I'm in the UK. This one came from The Spider Shop. This is the first time I've seen them for sale in Europe from anyone other than Thorsten (scolopender.de).
Alrighty, and thx! Congrats and good luck with your new pede! Wish the Red Giants were available more often in the states, I can’t seem to find them anywhere, lol.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
A bit off track i know, but this is my choice 'hole maker' no heat required makes holes in plastic from a pin hole size all the way up to like 1/2 of an inch (12.7mm for my metric folks) burned holes look bad to me personally and these give a clean uniform circular hole every time. Its known as a hobby reamer or body reamer no more than 10 dollars, typically used for putting holes in lexan R/c car shells. Yet another money pit hobby cheers. 1542609382078246759813.jpg

Probably Zoosphaerium neptunus, but seeing as they are almost impossible to keep alive I won't be attempting to keep them any time soon...

Last edited:

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I don't know the exact name, but Thyropygus sp. skeleton-leg millipede are my dream myrapod, I think there's a few color variants.
Although, my favorite are the Dendrostreptus macracanthus (Glossy Black Pinkleg Millipedes)