What is your dream myriapod?

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
probably Scolopendra morsitans, tho any pede I would be so happy with, currently banned in my house. Which tbh is fair I will get one once we dont have big paws in the house! Gives me time to learn

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Wow, that millipede's a stunner, but are you sure those two pics both show the same species? The reds and orange/yellows are distributed differently.
They are definitely different. One is from Mexico and the other from Brazil.
Messicobolus is another Mexican species I want... Like bumblebee millipedes but 8".

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
@Staehilomyces
Isn't the bottom one just referred to as 'Mint legged centipede'?
It looks similiar to said one. I keep seeing it listed as that.
They are usually 200 USD - 300 USD
There is the Philippine Mint Leg, which should be called something to differentiate it from the mainland variety, likely a different species.

Mint Legs is a sp. from the China/Vietnam border in Guangxi autonomous region. It is a maroon brown with slate sides, pale yellow antennae and electric turquoise legs. This was one of my dream myriapods and I am so glad to own one.

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
There is the Philippine Mint Leg, which should be called something to differentiate it from the mainland variety, likely a different species.

Mint Legs is a sp. from the China/Vietnam border in Guangxi autonomous region. It is a maroon brown with slate sides, pale yellow antennae and electric turquoise legs. This was one of my dream myriapods and I am so glad to own one.
Yeah, I see different types of centipedes dubbed 'mint-legged', They seem to be different species but I had no idea if there were.
Man, the Philippines certainly has such stunning Myriapods.

Your baby is lovely, I am very jealous and happy you were able to get one :0
Do you have any other pics?

Redmont

The collector
Scolopendra sp. 'Philippine Queen' (as I call them) comes in a black body w/blue legs, orange antennae or orange striped body, blue legs, orange antennae, and then there is an all-blue morph.

As for millipedes, I want these but nobody knows what they are:

Do you know where they are from?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I would've listed a tiger E. rubripes as one of my dream inverts, but as you all know, I've now got a big one with a big attitude. IMG_0137.JPG

Last edited:

Salvador

Arachnosquire
I already got mine too, so what's hanging around on my list right now is S.subcrustalis and some nice Thailand S.dehaani "Red Flame Tip" .

Barbarica

Arachnopeon
I've wanted African Giant Millipedes for a long time. I was fortunate to have flamelegs, which was on my myriapod bucket list.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Scolopendra galapagoensis, gigantea, heros/ dehanni (haven't gotten time for those)
In the millipedes, more archiosprocterus gigas/rainbow millipedes.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Thanks to @Marika I dream of Spirostreptus sp. 8. So beautiful. I'll continue to enjoy your C-pedes in your photos. :rolleyes:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Probably catching my own S heros in neighboring AZ will be my dream myriapod.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Unfortunately, Australia cannot export anything, so even if they do get into the hobby, they'll only be available for us Australians.

emplosion

Arachnopeon
I'm reletively new to the hobby (been keeping about a year now). Mine has got to be the Cali fornia species Motyxia Sequoiae.

Looking at all those Centipedes makes me drool. The significant other won't let me keep them.

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately, Australia cannot export anything, so even if they do get into the hobby, they'll only be available for us Australians.
In California, it is excessively hard to import any type of invert that isn't a tarantula or millipede. And getting answers on what you need a permit on is exhausting.

I'm reletively new to the hobby (been keeping about a year now). Mine has got to be the Cali fornia species Motyxia Sequoiae.

Looking at all those Centipedes makes me drool. The significant other won't let me keep them.
Woah. I am stunned at how many fluorescent species of inverts there are in my state. Personal fear is what keeps me from centipedes, however, I am probably going to tough it out and snag a few

The attached is always my answer to this question.
Snaps :0
I keep forgetting albinism can happen in mills and other inverts, I hope we can end up with more varied morphs someday.