What is your dream myriapod?

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
Soooo I don't really know any local people who are into these guys, though slowly converting some.
And I always enjoy see people's favorites. Since there is bound to be multiple favs, I will propose something like this;

Currently Hunting for;
Currently out of my budget range;
Absolutely Impossible to keep;

I will go first
Currently Hunting for; Tanzanian Blue Legged Centipede, because I am actually afraid of centipedes, I wanna get over the fear of keeping one and I find this one really pretty.

Currently out of my budget range; Mt. Makiling Orange Millipede, that orange and white pattern is just stunning. Also somewhat delicious looking.

Absolutely Impossible to keep; Dragon Millipede (the pink one), it would need to be imported also just not a good idea to keep it.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Okay...

Within Australia (none of these are my photos):
Kuranda Ethmostigmus rubripes
KurandaRubripes.jpg

Black-headed E. rubripes
BlackHeadRubripes.jpg
Red body/blue-legged Scolopendra morsitans
RedMorsitans.jpg

Outside of Australia, my dream pede would have to be this one:
OrangeBandedPede.JPG

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm extremely fortunate after around 20 years to finally owning my dream pede.

Scolopendra viridicornis. Worth the wait.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I don't know. It's from the Philippenes. On the plus side, I might be getting one of those Kuranda E. rubripes soon; the Minibeast Wildlife bug shop breeds them.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My current "dream pede" is Scolopendra heros - an altogether achievable goal, since I visit by brother in Arizona several times a year. I saw a 3 or 4 inch pedeling last month when I was in Payson hunting Dynastes grantii but unfortunately was unable to catch it before it got down a hole under a rock. I actually had it in my hand for a split second - but I was afraid of hurting it by grabbing too tightly and it got away.

My other (unlikely to ever happen) dream would be one of those really colorful Polydesmids such as a Xystodesmidae sp. or the gorgeous blue millipede, Pararhachistes potosinus. I don't believe Pararhachistes potosinus is available in the hobby trade - and even if it were, it's unlikely I'd be able to replicate the conditions of the high altitude cloud forests that it lives in and keep it alive. Even the local Polydesmids - which I have sometimes seen offered for sale and which I might be able to find on my own - are supposed to be difficult to keep alive in captivity. I probably wouldn't buy one, but if I found one just crawling around I'd be severely tempted to try keeping it anyway.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I don't know. It's from the Philippenes. On the plus side, I might be getting one of those Kuranda E. rubripes soon; the Minibeast Wildlife bug shop breeds them.
Tracked down a pic on Instagram after looking for a while. Scolopendra sp unknown. NOOOOOOOO!!!

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Scolopendra sp. 'Philippine Queen' (as I call them) comes in a black body w/blue legs, orange antennae or orange striped body, blue legs, orange antennae, and then there is an all-blue morph.

As for millipedes, I want these but nobody knows what they are:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Wow, that millipede's a stunner, but are you sure those two pics both show the same species? The reds and orange/yellows are distributed differently.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Zoosphaerium neptunus (giant pill millipede), but they are too difficult to keep.

Kjoygray

Arachnopeon
Currently: Scolopendra heros

Out of my budget range/impossible: Scolopendra gigantea. I know they pop up for sale occasionally, but I don't think I'll ever be able to spend $350 on a centipede. I'd also only want to buy captive bred which can't be too common.

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
Oh my gosh, there are so many beautiful centipedes :0
I knew mills came in a ton of colors but I am not that knowledgeable of centipedes.

@basin79
Woah...they remind me of snakes with how they initially catch their prey.
I have no idea why they give me the chills though. I think it is the jaws.
They are super pretty creatures regardless.

eggcellent

Arachnopeon
@Staehilomyces
Isn't the bottom one just referred to as 'Mint legged centipede'?
It looks similiar to said one. I keep seeing it listed as that.
They are usually 200 USD - 300 USD