What is your dream myriapod?

Pinchednerve

Arachnosquire
Contrary to the common name of “Amazon Giant Centipede”, they are actually from the grasslands of Peru, so they should be kept on the drier side. And since they come from grasslands, they would definitely appreciate some sphagnum moss to rest on.
good advice thank you

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
  • Scolopendra paradoxa
  • Scolopendra cataracta
  • Scolopendra gigantea 'Black' from Trinidad
If I even see one of these in my lifetime, I'll consider myself lucky.

Hermes

Arachnosquire
Scolopendra sp. 'Philippine Queen' (as I call them) comes in a black body w/blue legs, orange antennae or orange striped body, blue legs, orange antennae, and then there is an all-blue morph.

As for millipedes, I want these but nobody knows what they are:

I've seen a VERY similar species to that in the Dominican Republic on the outside of a cave. It was about the length of an adult Narceus gordanus, the only difference between the one I found and the photo was that it didn't have the fading orange, just the bold yellow stripes.

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
My dream myriapod is a scolopendra Hardwickei the Indian tiger centipede. It is the ultimate invert I would die for!!!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Currently Hunting for; Spirostreptus sp. "8" female. I've got 1 male, and I really want to get some babies, as this is a rare species. Really any exotic millipede species is on my wishlist. Pill millipedes, round millipedes, platydesmids, polydesmids, etc.

Currently out of my budget range; All of the above ;). Also, Ethmostigmus sp. "Thailand".

Absolutely Impossible to keep; Giant Pill Millipedes with our current understanding of their care.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

hecklad

Arachnosquire
Not really hunting for anything atm. For outside of my budget hardwickei, and for impossible (for now) cataracta for sure. I absolutely love hardwickei's colors, and a cataracta would be really fun to have (I think) but it's too bad it will probably be a long time before they're even available, and even when they are they'll be expensive as hell

Montgg

Arachnosquire
Just curious what is the reason for wanting Scolopendra Cataracta? is it just because they are known the be semi aquatic?

patrick nimbs

Arachnoknight
I don't know. It's from the Philippenes. On the plus side, I might be getting one of those Kuranda E. rubripes soon; the Minibeast Wildlife bug shop breeds them.
Sorry to contradict you Staehilomyces but I think minibeast wildlife’s products are a total “ripoff”. I was going to buy a rubripes tiger form before I came across a tiger form rubripes (at last) in late 2017 and I could not believe how much they were charging for it!! $45.00!! Lucky I found one (named Bob, as most people who know me know it’s name) before I hit the submit credit card bank details in order to purchase as you probably already know, but yeah. That is my opinion and my 2 cents worth.

mon desespoir

Arachnopeon
Scolopendra sp. 'Philippine Queen' (as I call them) comes in a black body w/blue legs, orange antennae or orange striped body, blue legs, orange antennae, and then there is an all-blue morph.

As for millipedes, I want these but nobody knows what they are:

"Philippine Queen" are scolopendra paradoxa, likely a subspecies of spinosissima