What is WORNG with my millipede?? (Please..)

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
About a week ago i got my first giant African millipede. She seemed fine and calm and all that, also had those beneficial millipedes on her.
After about a week of quarantine I first noticed some of her legs had black nubbed tips.. I'm not sure if this was like that before I got her.
She quickly got to feel stressed. I don't know what stressed out looked like but easily spooked and fast moving around seems like stressed to me.. Of course not all the time, but easily stressed in general. I don't know if it's right that her legs moved a lot even when she is not moving.
I moved her into her permanent bioactive enclosure yesterday, and then I noticed some more strange behaviors. For example, liquid coming out of her mouth. What is that??
I also noticed she is always licking herself and started moving her head around rapidly.
Here are two videos Ive filmed of this behaviour.

Please help me im really concerned.
She seems active, and eats plenty. Ill post updates..

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Most of the time species like these are wc adults. As a rest they could be carrying all sorts of nasty internal hitchhikers.
Chances are, this is a parasitic infection at work.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
Most of the time species like these are wc adults. As a rest they could be carrying all sorts of nasty internal hitchhikers.
Chances are, this is a parasitic infection at work.
But i was told she is captive breed??

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Bet she wasn't!
Especially if bought from a shop.
As a general rule, if you see an adult invert for sale in a shop, it's going to be wild caught. They buy their stock from wholesalers, who in turn source their stock from imports. In other words, wc.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
How big when you got her? I was at a reptile expo and they had an 8 inch big millipede and said it was captive bred for $150. I just walked away and questioned how they got an import for the millipede.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
How big when you got her? I was at a reptile expo and they had an 8 inch big millipede and said it was captive bred for $150. I just walked away and questioned how they got an import for the millipede.
I got her last Monday. She is about 21-25 cm in length. I assume she is a year old, maybe a bit more too. I don't know how fast they grow so I can't tell..

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
They don’t grow that quick. It was more than likely WC. I’m not really sure on what to do if a millipede has a disease or internal parasites.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
They don’t grow that quick. It was more than likely WC. I’m not really sure on what to do if a millipede has a disease or internal parasites.
Well she is acting normal now.. Even ate and moved around slowly.
I couldn't sleep last night because of the noise she made. It was as if she was itchy but couldn't reach the spot so she rubbed her head against a piece of bark.
I'll let the tank dry out for a week. I'll water the ferns in there and also leave a water dish.
Also, there was a fly in the enclosure. I don't know how it got there but I killed it. I'm worried it might've been a phorid fly but I don't know how it would get in the enclosure..
I'll provide some more updates tomorrow.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
What type of plants are in the tank? I’m assuming nothing toxic but if the millipede ate something it shouldn’t have, it might have caused it.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
What type of plants are in the tank? I’m assuming nothing toxic but if the millipede ate something it shouldn’t have, it might have caused it.
The aquarium is devided in two enclosures one for the millipede and another for the scorpion. I didn't put a proper devide between the two and since the scorpion enclosure isn't ready yet it's not that big of a deal the millipede goes from one to another enclosure. The scorpion enclosure currently has an asparagus fern, you can see it in the first video.
In the millipede enclosure I have things I took from a forest. Three ferns, lots of moss and mulch, rotting wood, oak leaves. Lots of millipedes, springtails and centipedes in there as well.
20210529_212514.jpg

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
The millipede tank is all good. The asparagus fern is toxic. I can’t really tell if it’s just for mammals but I would try to replace it with something like a sword fern or pothos.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
The millipede tank is all good. The asparagus fern is toxic. I can’t really tell if it’s just for mammals but I would try to replace it with something like a sword fern or pothos.
This weekend I'll put the devider between the two enclosures so she won't be able to get to the other side again.
I don't think the scorpion will eat the fern tho.