what is this?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
anyone know what species this is??? i know it is a wolf spider (a big one at that!!!). but what genus and/or species???

Attachments

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope, but it looks nicely sized, how big is it? I'll try to come up with an answer for ya too.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard wolfs are very hard to identify because there are SO many, I think I read that somewhere haha. Look how chunky that thing is! Are you going to keep it? I found a few wolfs in the middle of my garage floor, I tried to touch it and it pounced at my finger!

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Nope, but it looks nicely sized, how big is it? I'll try to come up with an answer for ya too.
i wish you would come up with an answer for me (or anyone for that matter!) :wall: i've been trying to find out what she is for months!!! shes about 2-2 1/4 inches.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ugh. Wolf spiders are hard to ID.

Yeah, what about this one. Hogna lenta

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Ugh. Wolf spiders are hard to ID.

Yeah, what about this one. Hogna lenta
hahaha, you're tellin me!!! {D maybe that one's it. lookin at pics, it could be. i'm sure some coloration varies with range, but that's common. i did not find it in south florida though, but it's range could've shifted NW a little also. thanks for the help Novak. let me know if you come up with anything different although that looks about right.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hahaha, you're tellin me!!! {D maybe that one's it. lookin at pics, it could be. i'm sure some coloration varies with range, but that's common. i did not find it in south florida though, but it's range could've shifted NW a little also. thanks for the help Novak. let me know if you come up with anything different although that looks about right.
Haha, well you could assume it being that one for now, I'll continue looking tomorrow.

I'm sure if Padkison dropped by he would be able to tell us what it is.

No problem though. It looks gorgeous so I had to help. :)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Haha, well you could assume it being that one for now, I'll continue looking tomorrow.

I'm sure if Padkison dropped by he would be able to tell us what it is.

No problem though. It looks gorgeous so I had to help. :)
yeah, padkison had one too, i asked what it was and he still didn't know. but that was awhile ago.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah, padkison had one too, i asked what it was and he still didn't know. but that was awhile ago.
Ahhh alright, I just assumed because as I was searching I found alot of threads where he properly IDed a couple of wolf spiders.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Ahhh alright, I just assumed because as I was searching I found alot of threads where he properly IDed a couple of wolf spiders.
yeah he's pretty knowledgeable, i probably should check back with him again.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I agree, much more knowledgeable then me atleast. Oh and Do you think you would be able to get any more pics?
fraid not. she died right after i first started this thread :( dang, huh?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Aw, that's a bummer. Sorry about the loss. You should go out and find some more.
definitely! she was a HUGE girl though! on top of that, she was gravid! she was one big, angry, pregnant wolf spider:evil: :evil: better threat displays than any of the 5 p murinus i have:eek:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
definitely! she was a HUGE girl though! on top of that, she was gravid! she was one big, angry, pregnant wolf spider:evil: :evil: better threat displays than any of the 5 p murinus i have:eek:
I don't believe it! P.murinus are just too bada** to be beat by a little, or big wolf spider. ;P

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I don't believe it! P.murinus are just too bada** to be beat by a little, or big wolf spider. ;P
well, you try and pick her up!! haha, i'd pick up my murinus AND my lividum far before i'd pick up this crazy gal!! hahaha!! she was insane{D