What Is This?

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

A Rose Hair. Looks to be female ATM because i do not see the Hooks. But it might be about to moult. Right? ....Right???

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think thats just the mirror patch, plus a bit of bark. I can't tell if it is about to molt by the color of the mirror patch. The hair has to be off and the skin exposed for me to clearly see darkening skin.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mirror patch. she looks close to a moult from that pic.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say that there is not way to tell, at least in my experience. Mirror patches are deceptive. Also, I have noticed on roseas that darkness of the tarantula (not of bare skin which would suggest an upcoming molt) does not have to do with indicating a molt. My larger female is a lot darker than my younger female and has been since she last molted. I would actually venture to guess that maybe it is relatively freshly molted, especially with the color of the prosoma.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know what you are referring to. The chip is a piece of wood it looks like. The patch is a "mirror patch" which is a common trait of the genus Grammastola. And just because you are not seeing hooks or boxing gloves does not mean its not a male. It could still be a immature male. When it molts, which may be a LONG time for a Rosie, take a picture of the molt and we can determine its sex for you.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awww snipes is the bringer of bad news..
you could always try to get a ventral shot you know. :) Or find a male and introduce them and see if they go together. If it is large and female they are compatible, and if it is male, well, you are a guy, you know what would probably happen {D

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you could always try to get a ventral shot you know. :) Or find a male and introduce them and see if they go together. If it is large and female they are compatible, and if it is male, well, you are a guy, you know what would probably happen {D
I don't suggest doing this (introducing a male) due to the fact that this T does not look to be of breedable size even if it were a female, which leeds me to the question, how big is it?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Can you not reach in (with tweezers if necessary) and just give it a little tug?

-Sean