What is this?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I recieved a "male" rosie about three weeks ago, and since then, I discovered that it is a female, and it has been plagued with problems since I got it. The poor thing had some kind of brownish goo on her mouth area when I recieved her, which I very gently dabbed off with a very soft paper towel and gave her some water, which she refused to touch. She also lost a leg that was basically crushed when I got her. I kept her in a large deli cup for about a week with some moist paper towels in it, which I placed on a heating pad. I then removed the towels and put some regular potting soil in it. I've been trying not to bother her much, but I picked her up very gently today and noticed that she has some white crusty stuff on her rear end.(nice description, I know) Do any of you know what this might be? I was thinking it was poo, but it still shouldn't be stuck on her. Any suggestions? Thanks.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are some pics, I know they're not very clear, but I think you can make out what I'm talking about. I know I probably shouldn't have handled her, but I wanted to get some idea of what this is, and whether it's a harmful thing.