What is this

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Heterometrus sp…to the right of the Scorpion what is that? Possible phantom egg sack? 1F530963-BCE8-4B14-AFE4-BC86D69128A2.jpeg

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
that's just a drop of water. scorpions don't lay egg sacs! you might want to increase humidity just a little bit.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I was moistening the substrate when I noticed this, but I poured water right on top and this thing didn’t move or break down. I didn’t think they laid sacs but wasn’t totally sure. But yea I did let this get too dry but it’s better now and the scorp is fine

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Do you use water crystals? Other than that, no idea what it is. Doesn’t look like anything that comes out of a scorp.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Heterometrus sp…to the right of the Scorpion what is that? Possible phantom egg sack? View attachment 392129
That is something the Scorpion has expelled/ regurgitated in it's vain attempt to obtain moisture from somewhere. Why do you people just happen to be adding water at the same time you need to photo something leading to uploading a question.? You might want to dig out the buried water dish and fill that at the same time you change the substrate for something more suitable for a scorpion also.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
That is something the Scorpion has expelled/ regurgitated in it's vain attempt to obtain moisture from somewhere. Why do you people just happen to be adding water at the same time you need to photo something leading to uploading a question.? You might want to dig out the buried water dish and fill that at the same time you change the substrate for something more suitable for a scorpion also.
I don’t usually pester my scorpion unless I’m feeding it or giving it water. So when I look at it while going through my arachnids taking care of them all and noticed something I’ve never seen before I took a pic. I was thinking of changing the substrate, was probably gonna mix some peat moss and nz spagnum moss and maybe a little vermiculite with coco fiber, unless you have another recommendation.
No egg sacs from these guys
Haha yea I should have just googled before asking that