What is this?

sl33ps2much

Arachnopeon
Found this one in a box of stored things. Doesn't look much like a Brown Recluse to me, though to be fair, I'm not that knowledgeable.

Attachments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@chanda You constantly impress me. Your monitor is either a wall to wall wide screen or you have an electron microscope installed in your optic nerve center. Or you have one heck of a lot of experience IDing critters at a glance.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@chanda You constantly impress me. Your monitor is either a wall to wall wide screen or you have an electron microscope installed in your optic nerve center. Or you have one heck of a lot of experience IDing critters at a glance.
Well, it helps that I have oodles of Steatoda in my bug room! Most of mine are Steatoda grossa - but I find the triangulosa as well from time to time.

I generally don't mind them too much - they help clean up phorid flies and escaped feeders - but they do make an awful mess with all the webs, and sometimes they invade my enclosures and have to be removed.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Well, it helps that I have oodles of Steatoda in my bug room!
Reported from a vet. A phone call asking 'How do you know so much about basenji? His reply, 'I've got one doubling as a foot warmer right now and her brother trying to get in my lap.'

(Odd trivia: both basenji and dingoes have no distinctive odor)

Last edited: