What is this?

Flutterbat

Arachnopeon
Oh my gosh its so beautiful! I found this picture while browsing tumblr and I fell in love! Does anyone know the species?

Sana

Arachnoprince
I'm relatively certain that is a male Pamphobeteus Platyomma.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah.. After reading a bit about the species, it doesn't seem like a good starter for me. It is so very beautiful though. I definitely want to eventually get one!
Note how people are telling you that it's a mature male. Only mature males display this gorgeous coloring, and the downside is that you never have a mature male for very long. Consider yourself extremely lucky if it lives for 2 years.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I got a Phampho sp. Electric blue or something. He got out one day and was never seen again. Shame too, he was a confirmed male. I really love the colors of male Phamphos. EDIT: Also @Jamie Moore don't post pictures from other sites, link them. You can't post other peoples' pictures without their permission on this site.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Mod Note

As been pointed out, posting pictures that do not belong to you on these forums is against the Terms and Rules. The pictures have been removed, but feel free to post links to them.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Except only the females are pretty!

Bry, there's been a genus change by the way, look it up man. ;)
Ohhh.... :embarrassed:

Well dang, what are they now?

It's too hard to remember these if they keep changing it! :drowning: I'm just now finally getting used to Cyriopagopus lividum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A more suiting title has never existed, easily my meanest t is my c lividum
It's just not for me. Besides, owning a pethole with that disposition, there is no joy in it for me. It's not like I. mira or M. balfouri that generally just run back to their home, a bit more predictable at times, not C. lividum. Plenty of blue out there w/out such an attitude.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
It's just not for me. Besides, owning a pethole with that disposition, there is no joy in it for me. It's not like I. mira or M. balfouri that generally just run back to their home, a bit more predictable at times, not C. lividum. Plenty of blue out there w/out such an attitude.
I like it's attitude, and it spends a decent amount of time out of the hole compared to my other members of the he genus. I like the attitude

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Plenty of blue out there w/out such an attitude.
I don't know, I find it kind of endearing. I'll admit it's that whole personification thing going on though.

Mine just hangs out at its burrow entrance so far and waits for food. I have more regular threat displays from my irminia than my little Grump (it's current name).