What is this T???????

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Joe! Where are you? Need your help! :eek:
The latest pics look like B. albopilosum to me.

I was comparing my male to my female in those pics.
This is probably something you should have stated when you posted the pictures, because I was thinking the same thing as Chris.

So what are the latest pics? Your male, or the new spider?

nigsbro

Arachnopeon
The latest pics look like B. albopilosum to me.

This is probably something you should have stated when you posted the pictures, because I was thinking the same thing as Chris.

So what are the latest pics? Your male, or the new spider?
the only pic of my male B. albopilosum is the 1 on the water bowl all the others are the 1 that i wasnt sure about.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I thought the same thing as Chris and Joe. I thought the OP was just posting random pics after seeing that, but didn't want to sound rude by calling him out on it. I knew someone would eventually see what I was seeing and point it out.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These new pics definitely don't look G. Rosea. I take back my first post!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That looks B. albopilosum . Try and get a pic from straight above so we can see the WHOLE body :)

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could someone please suggest examining the spermathecae at some point in this thread please? If it B.albopilosum It should be a simple dome.

Anyway,with the clear pictures it is very probably B.albopilosum. I would say its quite an old specimen, female and relatively close to moult. In part i say that as it has defined knee markings showing it to be rather old.

I really think the curliness of the hairs or copper tone of the carapace have any value for a definative identification,and not reliable attributes to define B.albopilosum. So please would someone suggest to look at the spermathecae shape to help confirm its genus. Ok, i will say it. As i find its often best to use a freshly moulted female for breeding, then why not wait until she moults then post a picture of the spermathecae?

Tnx

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Nigsbro... When that T molts.. Check the spermathecae.. Should be easy to give it a proper ID once you do that..

Could someone please suggest examining the spermathecae at some point in this thread please? If it B.albopilosum It should be a simple dome.

Anyway,with the clear pictures it is very probably B.albopilosum. I would say its quite an old specimen, female and relatively close to moult. In part i say that as it has defined knee markings showing it to be rather old.

I really think the curliness of the hairs or copper tone of the carapace have any value for a definative identification,and not reliable attributes to define B.albopilosum. So please would someone suggest to look at the spermathecae shape to help confirm its genus. Ok, i will say it. As i find its often best to use a freshly moulted female for breeding, then why not wait until she moults then post a picture of the spermathecae?

Tnx
Better? :D

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thankyou redneck, thats just perfect.

I also just want to alter my previous message to say that i DONT think the curliness of hairs nor the copper color have much diagnostic value. Sorry i missed the word 'DONT' out. Also sorry if i was sounding rude.

:)