What is this T???????

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Har Har, KID...Glad I amuse you.
It looks like my rosea but we need a better picture....
I wouldnt call it a rosea due to the velvety black looking abdomen..
I also wouldnt call it an albopilosum.. Simply because its abdomen does not look quite hairy enough..

This is just my opinion though..

But.. Soon the OP will post a better photo & then someone will be able to possibly ID it.. Hopefully.. :)

*Edit* I would also like to state that the legs look brown-ish.. Almost like a Lasiodora sp. does when its getting closer to a molt.. *Shrugs* I could be wrong..

Last edited:

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could this mabey be a.... a..... a...a... HYBRID!?:eek: (I can't beleive I said it! There might be another war!:eek:) Just a thought. Mabey it's difficult because it's not normal.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That looks nothing like an albo to me, but a better pic would help. Could it be a pre-molt rosea? I do know one thing though, your container was made in china.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nigsbro, when you do get the new pictures, try to get the T to stretch out a bit so we can see her whole body and not just her legs and abdomen.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first reaction to the pic was B. albopilosum, but on second though, the hairs are too straight, as was stated before.

A. hentzi? maybe? idk.. probably not. Guessing is pointless. A better pic is definitely necessary.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Agreed, I see no symptoms of a troll.

My first reaction to the pic was B. albopilosum,
A. hentzi? maybe? idk.. probably not. Guessing is pointless. A better pic is definitely necessary.
Yea my first thought was B.albopilosum too. A full body picture could confirm it.

But definitly not and A.hentzi. Whatever it is, its a nice looking T. A chunky one at that.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a much better picture.. I am man enough to take back my previous statement.. That does indeed look like a B. albopilosum...

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
looks like it to me, too

That is a much better picture.. I am man enough to take back my previous statement.. That does indeed look like a B. albopilosum...
there's just something off that i can't put a finger on.
..but Brachy's aren't really my thing.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there's just something off that i can't put a finger on.
..but Brachy's aren't really my thing.
The only thing that throws me off would be the brown-ish color & how the hairs are pretty straight instead of curly..

But that could just mean that it is further along in its molt cycle..

But I am far from a pro. at IDing T's.. So I am just going off of what I see in pictures..

nigsbro

Arachnopeon
well its got me stumped thats for sure i was thinking it could be 1 of 2 the Brachypelma albopilosum or Lasiodora parahybana but unsure on both.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know.. I am sitting here staring at those pictures.. Honestly.. IDK.. I cant tell.. I just looked at a few pictures of a B. albo.. It seems the carapace is not golden (?) enough?

IDK! I give up..

Joe! Where are you? Need your help! :eek:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to go with B. albo as well. I thought the same abotu the golden carapace but the first pic on this page shows a female with a much darker carapace than usual as well.

Not sure about that being very far in the molt cycle. My girl was very brown in color before molting and showing a much darker color, some of her hairs were kinda straight at that point though.. Premolt Post molt ... if those comparisons will help at all.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes.. Nigsbro.. Those are alot better.. I am now confident with saying its a B. albopilosum..

But as I stated.. I am not a pro at IDing them.. I am just guessing based on other photos of the albopilosum..

nigsbro

Arachnopeon
Yes.. Nigsbro.. Those are alot better.. I am now confident with saying its a B. albopilosum..

But as I stated.. I am not a pro at IDing them.. I am just guessing based on other photos of the albopilosum..
cheers Redneck for ur help and everyone else. :D