What is this spot?

Lor&Chris

Arachnopeon
She came out of a molt and she had this white spot on her. No idea what it is, wondering if anyone knows what it is?

Last edited:

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
Bald spot

I think when it molted some of the new hair attached to the molt and left a bald spot

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Yep. I agree. It's a bald spot. Beautiful spider, by the way. :D

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks like there is a bead of hemolymph ("blood") at one end of the bald spot. If this is the case, it means that it suffered a rupture from an imperfect molt, a fall, or a nibble from a prey item.
It doesn't look too serious but watch to see if it oozes more. If it does, you may need to staunch the bleeding and possibly put her in an ICU. If she appears to be stable, just make sure to provide lots of fresh water and wait a few days to feed her.
Keith

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she's cool.. Just got a little dry spot on her from the molt and ripped out some hairs.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
All you can really do is wait and see how it does. IMO, it looks fine but time will tell. Nice pics BTW, and nice T.

Cheers,

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It doesn't at all look like a blad spot but more like a color irregularity. The hair is clearly there but white. I had a B albiceps do this too. One spot that's white. I'm sure next molt both our t's will have their normal coloration back.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's amazing how many people are so certain that they know what it is...

The only one here who I think is even remotely close to being right is Mr. Awesome.

I'd like to see some pictures with a better focus on the spot itself.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It doesn't at all look like a blad spot but more like a color irregularity. The hair is clearly there but white. I had a B albiceps do this too. One spot that's white. I'm sure next molt both our t's will have their normal coloration back.
It's amazing how many people are so certain that they know what it is...

The only one here who I think is even remotely close to being right is Mr. Awesome.

I'd like to see some pictures with a better focus on the spot itself.
I thought they where talking about Homer Simpson:?..... :D

Definitely not a bald spot... i can see the hairs on that pic....

Peace!!!

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not sure it that is T blood or not? but It does have hair on it, I know! you have an albino spidey! lol

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I tought the hemoglyph on the corkbark was silocone

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I tought the hemoglyph on the corkbark was silocone
Ah, I didn't even see that until you mentioned where it was.

If that is haemolymph, that's a lot for a spider that size to lose at once.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your T sees dead spiders ;)

Gorgeous pulchra! It doesn't look like anything to worry about, just a little miscoloring...for some reason. Kind of gives it a little personality, different from the norm :)