what is this behaviour? (video)

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can some one tell me what my G. Pulchra is doing here?

I fed her a 4 week cricket, and she jumped it; it kicked and flipped her over and she got right side up with out letting it go.

Then she walked across the cage after 30 seconds (from the thermometer in the background to where you see her in the shot) and started doing this thing where she was tapping her bum on the ground and the spinnerets were flailing around.

Was she laying web? Because there are a few strands in a circular pattern in that area (from before this event).

This is not where she burrowed / hides during the day, that is to the left of where she is in the shot.

Thanks

IF the video doesnt work here is the link (take out the spaces) = youtube . com/watch?v=t8mCuX0x2zs

[YOUTUBE]t8mCuX0x2zs[/YOUTUBE]

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a "Feeding Waltz." Usually they do them when they have more prey items but they'll lay a feeding mat of webbing, put the food on it, wrap it up and eat. Guess it just makes it easier to keep the food items together.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lmao, she's only got the one tonight, i guess she's expecting more. She has never done that while i've watched her normally she just sits and eats them.

Thank you all

PS: i told my girlfriend it was a happy dance, i guess i was right! lol

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
my H. lividum did this last night to the joy of the whole family - - tons of fun to watch!