What is this behaviour? I just brought him home

amblygrey

Arachnopeon

I believe it is currently grooming.
Oh my gosh okay !! I was hoping so, I’ll keep an eye on him though. Thank you for responding, it’s my first time having one so I’m extra nervous

Now that I’m less worried this is adorable look at this little eyes omg 🥺🥺🥺

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yepp LOLOL
99.9% of all your future questions have been answered and are located here. This would have been harder to find though, but many have posted pics just like yours ;)

Generally speaking there’s no reason to be nervous as there’s little we can do but just observe. No harm in asking, but no need to get all worked up.

amblygrey

Arachnopeon
99.9% of all your future questions have been answered and are located here. This would have been harder to find though, but many have posted pics just like yours ;)
good to know! ill do a lil search in the future first ^-^

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Just having a nice little groom; It's one of their favourite things to do besides sitting motionless

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And sometimes you'll find them in extremely odd positions. Even in my 12+ years of T keeping, I still get slightly startled when I see them all curled up, only to return to a normal position some time later. Welcome to the Hobby and this site. Feel free to ask questions, but also take full advantage of the great amount of information available here. Bar none, this is the best resource for all sorts of information with tarantulas and other invertebrates.

Also, this spider won't be your last. Once you start to see the variation of colour and behaviour, you'll get more. Enjoy !

amblygrey

Arachnopeon
And sometimes you'll find them in extremely odd positions. Even in my 12+ years of T keeping, I still get slightly startled when I see them all curled up, only to return to a normal position some time later. Welcome to the Hobby and this site. Feel free to ask questions, but also take full advantage of the great amount of information available here. Bar none, this is the best resource for all sorts of information with tarantulas and other invertebrates.

Also, this spider won't be your last. Once you start to see the variation of colour and behaviour, you'll get more. Enjoy !
good to know!! I’ve heard that T’s do a lot of things that look concerning but usually they are completely fine, like the burrowing for days or weeks at a time LOL.

I actually picked up several slings, since it was an expo I had the perfect chance to not pay shipping. I ended up getting this neo incei, as well as:

- caribena versicolour
-tliltocatl Vagans
-tlitocatl abipolsososbs I can’t spell that one

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, even after all this time w/Ts, I see positions/behaviors (less so) that make me wonder "what is going on there"